Yet another Rapha Thread

turkeytickler
turkeytickler Posts: 640
edited October 2008 in The bottom bracket

Comments

• ooh just seen this referenced on the other rapha thread going... sorry... dont know how to remove a thread :oops:
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,104
    It's nice looking but at £250 is eye wateringly expensive, even by Rapha standards.
  • andyp wrote:
    It's nice looking but at £250 is eye wateringly expensive, even by Rapha standards.
    i know.... i cant afford it .... might be worth resorting to crime for though.... :idea:

i think all these threads are encouraging the marketing guys.... :P
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ivancarlos
    ivancarlos Posts: 1,034
    I don't want a fixed jacket. I'd rather be able to take it off. :P
    I have pain!
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    It's a smart bit of kit but I have to agree that £250 is too much. I'd like the s/shell gilet (which gets a fantastic review on www.thewashingmachinepost.net), the fixed jersey and the soft-shell gloves but I think I just spent £400 there :(
    M.Rushton
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    Never been on their website before, but for all the usual remarks about it being overpriced stuff aimed at the middle-aged "cycling is the new golf" demographic, I did find a genuinely good idea - their cyclocross-specific jersey (http://www.rapha.cc/index.php?page=543) has a pad in the R/H shoulder for a bit of extra comfort when carrying the bike. Still not worth £120, though, I'm afraid (judging by the bikes the top guys were on at Sunday's race, that sort of dough would be better spent on a pair of Dugast tubs), though I may look into concocting a DIY version out of an existing race jersey for future events. And they let themselves down badly with a reference to panels that give a 'slimming appearance', which sounds like something straight out of the Sunday-supplement fashion pages....

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • Ash_
    Ash_ Posts: 385
    I did find a genuinely good idea - their cyclocross-specific jersey (http://www.rapha.cc/index.php?page=543) has a pad in the R/H shoulder for a bit of extra comfort when carrying the bike. Still not worth £120.

David

From my youth, I remember a book I had called 'Cycle Racing' by Westall and Evans which recommended the purchase of one of these shoulder-padded jerseys. There's nothing new under the sun and all that...

Now I think about it, according to Rapha, wool is the 'new' must-have jersey material. That's not very new either.

Me I'm holding out for the Rapha alpaca skinsuit...

As the Mighty Boosh say "elements of the past and present combined to make something not quite as good as either [but five times as expensive]".

And yes, of course I'm bitter 'cause I can't afford it.