Check this out before they remove it!!

Comments

• prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    Are people with such a disorder allowed to drive at all?
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    prj45 wrote:
    Are people with such a disorder allowed to drive at all?

There was another petition I found were the op wanted to have all those with ADHD put on a register, too. :lol:
  • Nick6891
    Nick6891 Posts: 274
    slow vehicles are already banned from going on motorway,
  • downfader
    Nick6891 wrote:

Sorry Nick, wasnt trying to draw attention to the petition as such, just the last comment/signee :wink: And yes you're right
  • Nick6891 wrote:
    So the issue is slow drivers! Heck, the idea of pootling along the A55 with traffic pouring past me at 70mph scares the willies out of me, even though I'm legally allowed to use most of it (one section has exclusions).
  • downfader
    Bahh, its been removed from the second petition :lol:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    What did it say??
  • downfader
    NapoleonD wrote:
    What did it say??

That you're a peado if you drive under 60 I think. Purile, but it tickled me.
  • Tranced
    Tranced Posts: 165
    Petition says:
    UNECE has done a study that proves that a flashing red brake light can cause Photo Sensitive Epilepsy if operated for more than 2 seconds. As cyclists use a flashing red light for far longer, this can cause drivers to have a PSE episode. Research needs to be instigated into the effects of a flashing red light as the primary rear light source on cycles before someone gets killed. If this is proven to be true then the Lighting Regulations need to be changed to remove the flashing red rear light.

The comment says:
    Also scientifically proven to give you cancer and turn u into a peado too!
    Embrace cynicism…. see the bigger picture!!!!
  • Tranced wrote:
    Petition says:
    UNECE has done a study that proves that a flashing red brake light can cause Photo Sensitive Epilepsy if operated for more than 2 seconds. As cyclists use a flashing red light for far longer, this can cause drivers to have a PSE episode. Research needs to be instigated into the effects of a flashing red light as the primary rear light source on cycles before someone gets killed. If this is proven to be true then the Lighting Regulations need to be changed to remove the flashing red rear light.

The comment says:

Does that mean "just popped into the shops lights" - er hang on, there's a technical term for them, ah yes, I'll start again. Does that mean hazard warning lights are also to be banned. Oh and indicating to turn well in advance of the corner (most bus drivers should be safe then :wink: :evil: )
    Pain is only weakness leaving the body
  • downfader
    Check out the first two signees here:

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/2-stroke/ :lol: It must have seemed like such a good idea to the government to set this site up a year or so back. :lol:
  • chuckcork
    chuckcork Posts: 1,471
    Maybe there should be a petition setup banning petrol and diesel powered motor vehicles on the grounds that they are dangerous travelling at speed, full of dangerous fuels, frequently used contrary to health and safety regulations and operating instructions, require vast expenditures to maintain and support and as such a waste of national resources and funds, and kill more people than any terrorist group is ever likely to?

Not that I'd really want to see a return to horses and the piles of shite they generate of course, leavingf the bicycle as the only sane option!

Maybe there are others there that could be implemented with good itentions as well? Like....

All cars fitted with a black box to record what has happened in the event of an accident;
    Alcohol ignition locks to ensure drivers are sober enough;
    Satellte tracking for all vehicles (for road pricing, theft protection, speed detection etc)

I'm sure a few more can be thought of.
    'Twas Mulga Bill, from Eaglehawk, that caught the cycling craze....
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    Tranced wrote:
    Petition says:

The comment says:

Does that mean "just popped into the shops lights" - er hang on, there's a technical term for them, ah yes, I'll start again. Does that mean hazard warning lights are also to be banned. Oh and indicating to turn well in advance of the corner (most bus drivers should be safe then :wink: :evil: )

Oh you mean the "these excuse me from the laws of the land lights"
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    chuckcork wrote:
    Maybe there should be a petition setup banning petrol and diesel powered motor vehicles on the grounds that they are dangerous travelling at speed, full of dangerous fuels, frequently used contrary to health and safety regulations and operating instructions, require vast expenditures to maintain and support and as such a waste of national resources and funds, and kill more people than any terrorist group is ever likely to?

Not that I'd really want to see a return to horses and the piles of shite they generate of course, leavingf the bicycle as the only sane option!

Maybe there are others there that could be implemented with good itentions as well? Like....

All cars fitted with a black box to record what has happened in the event of an accident;
    Satellte tracking for all vehicles (for road pricing, theft protection, speed detection etc)

Big Brother Strikes again
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • chuckcork wrote:

Okay....have been sat at my desk for ten minutes not trying to bite...mussst reeeesist....

I'll go for a walk, see if that helps.
    <insert witty comment here>

Also, I have calculated my FCN as 12...although I have no idea what that actually means.
  • BIg brother is already here - we are trialling tracking units in our company vehicles and the level of data we get back is scary. Every example of speeding for example, in some cases on roads with local, not national limits...which means we have to take action as we now know we have drivers potentially driving dangerously. We get info on every start / stop / idling / door opening (one company is offering info on the weight in the vehicle changing) etc - wonder if we could be forced to hand over in the case of an accident etc?

Hhmm...the bike is ever more tempting!
    Chocolate makes your clothes shrink