Saddle Sores

Simonb256
Simonb256 Posts: 880
edited October 2008 in Road beginners
Ow. :oops:

Im starting to have problems with saddle sores at the moment. Though its mainly only when i wear my bib tights rather than bib shorts. Which i know is because the pads crap in the tights, plus i'm using a mtb saddle (SDG Bel Air).

Whats the best way to:

a) Rid myself of these exsisiting sores? (sudocrem, vaseline?)
b) Prevent them happening again? (saddle position, better bib tights, better saddle, all of these?)
"War is Peace; Freedom is Slavery; Ignorance is Strength." George Orwell - 1984

Comments

• sicrow
    sicrow Posts: 791
    Start with the cheapest option first either assos chamois cream or sudocreme works for me

Then a good pair of bibshorts - theres plenty of threads as to the best ones, my own view would be to look at DHB via wiggle
  • Al_38
    Al_38 Posts: 277
    I have also found that savlon has fairly good properties for clearing things up - if the chamois isn't up to it or is worn then it is a bit of a loosing battle though.

Al
  • Simonb256
    Simonb256 Posts: 880
    sicrow wrote:
    Start with the cheapest option first either assos chamois cream or sudocreme works for me

Then a good pair of bibshorts - theres plenty of threads as to the best ones, my own view would be to look at DHB via wiggle

My current ones are dhb :/ though these are first generation things with a plain foam chamois that after a year or so started coming away from the tights.

So it may just be a case of getting new tights and see how it improves, then take it from there?
    Next stop local super-market for some sudacrem (there is nothing near work except for one large supermarket).

~Thanks guy for the advice.
    "War is Peace; Freedom is Slavery; Ignorance is Strength." George Orwell - 1984
  • Simonb256 wrote:
    sicrow wrote:
    Next stop local super-market for some sudacrem (there is nothing near work except for one large supermarket).

That's why Wiggle is your friend :lol: