Etape Entry - best way to do it......

steerpike
steerpike Posts: 424
Howdy,
I'm looking to enter my first Etape this year and have pre-registered with a couple of tour firms.

But.....I'd like to pay as little as possible up front - just register really. Any tips on the best way? I have some friends in France who could possibly enter me through Velo Mag on my behalf.

Thoughts?

Comments

• BMCCbry
    BMCCbry Posts: 153
    Does anyone know when that Velo Mag comes out (exactly!)?

Thanks.
  • steerpike wrote:
    Howdy,
    I'm looking to enter my first Etape this year and have pre-registered with a couple of tour firms.

But.....I'd like to pay as little as possible up front - just register really. Any tips on the best way? I have some friends in France who could possibly enter me through Velo Mag on my behalf.

Thoughts?

Gawd I'm tired of this. Why does everyone think £140 is a rip off for closed roads, feed stations and full roadside support ?

Cheap. Pay your money.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    Gawd I'm tired of this. Why does everyone think £140 is a rip off for closed roads, feed stations and full roadside support ?

Cheap. Pay your money.
    Because if I'm French, or reside in France, I only have to pay €60 for exactly the same thing.
  • Hugh A
    Hugh A Posts: 1,189
    The Velo magazine with the entry form always seems to be out at half term in February. as has been said - apart from the 60Euros price, the main difference is that all the French Velo entries go into a hat and are selected at random. Most get places but if it is oversubscribed then some won't.
    I\'m sure I had one of those here somewhere