Scott Sportster

stevedb55
stevedb55 Posts: 52
edited October 2008 in Commuting chat
Hi All,

I am looking at buying a new commuter/weekend bike and am quite keen on the Scott Sportster range but I'm a bit concerned as I think I read somewhere that you can't fit a rear rack or mudguards to it, can anyone advise if this is the case? My commute is only 5 miles each way but a short section is over a hard packed dirt track and plenty of mud gets thrown up when it been raining, also I'm not keen on using a rucksack due to the sweaty back issue.......or can anyone recommend a rucksack which doesn't cause this problem (I know that some hiking rucksacks now have frames to keep the main sack away from the back)

I've only recently joined this forum, but have been really impressed by the amount of commuting and general cycling info I've picked up from here.

Thanks,
Steve

Comments

• Sukh
    Sukh Posts: 23
    I have a sportster 2008 p6, why wouldn't you be able to fit mud guards? (no sarcasm or anything, I have very little knowledge and thought they would just go on the seat post?)
  • Hi, yep I'm sure the seatpost would be ok but if possible I'd like to fit full mudguards - if seatpost is the only option then I would go for that,

What are your thoughts on your Scott? Are you happy with it?

Thanks
    Steve
  • Sukh
    Sukh Posts: 23
    I've only had it a week and so far it going good, I have some weird problem when down shifting, I almost have to do it twice to get the rear dérailleur to drop a cog, but its going to have it seen to tomorrow.