Blood Passport Scheme; is it working??

jerry3571
jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
edited November 2008 in Campaign
Just a little thought about a year with the "Blood Passport Scheme".
Some riders have had a bad 2008 season- Bettini, Cancellara (except Olympics), Petacchi, DiLuca, McEwan and maybe some others. Could it be the passport curbing these chaps from any un-natural excesses?
Makes me wonder??
-Jerry
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
-Jacques Anquetil

Comments

• spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    you might get some interest on this in the race section
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Let's see.

Cancellara has had a very strong season, very impressive win at Milan San Remo, very impressive early season, very impresive tour and an almighty performance in the Olympics.

Petachi and DiLuca are both now on low rate teams, and Petachi was banned for a large part of the season.

McEwen is just very old
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • the company that did the Garmin and highroad blood passport tests, went bust.

look at bike pure organisation.they are trying to clean up pro racing by getting them to sign a rider honor code. no second chances. Im fed up with the scandals too. We need heros wecan cheer and trust.

www.bike-pure.org.

• jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    No one is in the sport long enough these days to be a hero. I pity the "ProCycling Manager" creaters, as they will have a job to put any rider in their game as most big riders get caught soon afterwards. I got the game with Arvessen on ther front cover (his brother is a nice bloke) and Blimey! it's like the WADA Crime File of riders gone bad.
    Vino, Ullrich, Basso, Hamilton, Landis....etc :roll:
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil