bontrager ssr wheels

andy610
andy610 Posts: 602
edited October 2008 in Road beginners
i want to sell my brand new bontrager ssr wheels which came with my trek 1.5 but cant find a price anywhere for them does anyone know of much they cost new

Comments

• gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    I have a set from my pilot 1.2 which I keep meaning to sell too - i don't thin they are worth that much - certainly less than £100

probably best bet is to take some good pictures and stick em on ebay - see what they go like!

I didn't know you had changed your pilot (not been around here for a while - too depressed with injuries to look into sports I can't partake in at the moment)

how is it?
  • adeyboy
    adeyboy Posts: 113
    I have a 1.5 - prob going to stick with wheels for the moment but I'm interested to know which wheels you went for insetad of the SSR set.
  • gkerr4
    I think you are really asking Andy - but in case you are interested I changed my SSR's for a set of Shimano R561's (105 spec wheels) - they were a noticable upgrade.

The are a fair bit lighter but most inportantly they don't flex and hit the brake blocks during "out of saddle" efforts like the SSRs did

I think they looked better too
  • andy610
    hi i also replaced the ssr wheels with shimano r561 in silver
  • gkerr4
    ha weird! - what do you think of them?
  • andy610
    they are very light and have had no problems with them