lights

decklan1994
decklan1994 Posts: 35
edited October 2008 in MTB beginners
im going to buy the hope vision 1 led light is it good

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Where from? How much is it? What type of riding do you do?
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    S*ngletr*ck tested it recently and said "The light output is OK but its weight makes it impractical for helmet-mount use. A good value introduction to night-riding if run bar-mounted though". The Ayup Multisport, Exposure Maxx D, Lupine Wilma 5 and Exposure Joystick Maxx 2 were better (but more expensive).

MBR said pretty much the same and they got good burn times from the Vision 1 when using some decent AAs.
  • Sir HC
    Sir HC Posts: 20,148
    Looked at the Lumicycles ?

Very good quality and customer service.
    Intense Socom
    Inbred
  • dirtbiker100
    dirtbiker100 Posts: 1,997
    i like mine but wouldn't use it on anything too twisty. amazing for fireroad and straight paths.
    used it this evening actually.
  • I have nothing by praise for my Ay-Ups. You get on set for the bar and another for the helmet, for similar prices to single light sets. They are truly brilliant and weigh next to nothing.

http://www.ayup.com.au/uk-shop-kits.html

Marvin.
    What tree ? ...........

Trek 8000 ZR XC hardtail.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I'm sounding like a stuck record - but for under £80 get two L2Ds or LD20 Fenixes. One on the bars - one on the helmet. Given my biking a whole new lease of life.
  • I have nothing by praise for my Ay-Ups. You get on set for the bar and another for the helmet, for similar prices to single light sets. They are truly brilliant and weigh next to nothing.

http://www.ayup.com.au/uk-shop-kits.html

Marvin.

+1
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • Eranu
    Eranu Posts: 712
    Another one for AYUPs they're the business.

I think MBR have a huge lights review in the mag this month maybe worth looking there too.
  • dirtbiker100
    dirtbiker100 Posts: 1,997
    Eranu wrote:
    I think MBR have a huge lights review in the mag this month maybe worth looking there too.

Its an alright review. wouldn't call it huge.
    forgotten whats in it and what won though...
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Eranu wrote:

Its an alright review. wouldn't call it huge.
    forgotten whats in it and what won though...
    10/10,superb,when concluding couldn't see past the Ay-ups etc etc etc.Better than alright methinks.