FAO Swindon & Surrounding Area Riders

PhillM
PhillM Posts: 36
edited October 2008 in MTB rides
Just incase you missed this posted elsewhere on the forum...

A few weeks back I got in contact with Steve, the chap who has been working hard down at Croft, and offered to help him progress with the trails. I'm not sure if any of you have been down there recently, but we have been adding bits and pieces to the old trail, and have also been extending the route further around the country park. We are in real need of some willing volunteers to help finish the rest of the trail. I have read a few negative comments regarding the skill level of the existing course, but there's only one way to improve this - get invloved! Our aim is to get the route fully open and rideable asap, and then work round the trail adding technical trail features and interesting obstacles. None of this happens over night, or without lots of hard work. I've started a facebook group for now, but what I'm aiming to do is to start a trail building/maintaining club that will ensure the long term future of the area. I know its not Wales/Scotland/Forest of Dean, but it is somewhere thats local and with a little hard work could turn into something special. You can contact me through here or the facebook group. Please also note that everything thats built or cleared needs to be run past Steve and the council first. Unofficial stuff will be removed very quickly!

Facebook group - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=41279586404