Snowdon

DoctorBobrick
DoctorBobrick Posts: 122
edited October 2008 in Routes
Ok, so I'm a full on All Mountain Downhill goon and after riding the Old Man of Coniston (2000ft descent) with total ease I'm looking to challenge myself. I heard soem guys from MBR rode the mountain but I wasn't sure which route they took down, I know they went up on the Llanberis path but can anyone recommend to me a route to go back down on the other side? I'm looking for something technical and rocky and I'll hit just about any line you throw at me :)

Comments

• We did the MBR Killer Loop two weeks ago - up via the Llanberis Path, down via the Ranger's Path and back to the start via the Telegraph Bridleway - Linky to ride info.

The descent via the Ranger's Path is awesome :D
    It's all good fun until someone loses a bollock.

2010 Orange Crush
  • Will it be awesome to a downhiller? Rangers Path seems a popular choice from the youtube vids I've seen, basically I want the hardest path on the descent you can ride there (and the easiest ascent :P)

PS Can you get your bike on the train? :D
  • I've been up and down the Llanberis path, it's all rocky and was an absolute blast but I'm sure you'll have fun whichever way you came back down.
    I walked up last Monday and it was fairly quiet so you shouldn't need to worry too much about walkers. Don't be decieved by the weather though, it was glorious in Llanberis and absolutely horrendous upwards of about 750 metres, so dress accordingly!
  • I've descended via both the Llanberis and Ranger's path and i reckon you'd be better going for the Ranger's Path. It's a lot more technical than the Llanberis Path.

Did you see the pics in that link i posted earlier? The Ranger's is very wet & slippy at the moment!

Although not technical, the Telegraph Bridleway is a blast! :D
    It's all good fun until someone loses a bollock.

2010 Orange Crush
  • It'll probably be a couple of months till I can do it, depends when I'm next stopping at my grandparents in Dolgarrog :P

Btw, for this Rangers Path, is there any sort of record time for the descent I can beat? :) I love a bit of competition :lol: