cardiff riders?

canada16
canada16 Posts: 2,360
edited July 2010 in MTB rides
Hey

I have not seen any cardiff riders, considering we have the best trails anywere.

Looking for people to bike with, as my mates that I have met over here do not bike.

I am XC only, not very tech, but can do ok on cwmcarn, xc course.

Hope to hear from someone.

And hey if you are not from cardiff, and just are coming down for the day, would love to hear from you.

Saturdays only due to kids and wife.

Comments

• Hi there,

I'm near Cardiff and just starting to get back into mountain biking now (read dusted my bike off last weekend, headed out for a ride and realised my cycling fitness is not quite what it used to be! :shock: ).
    I'd be up for going riding if you don't mind me tagging along. :D
  • If you're into your xc, a cracking ride is along the ridgeway from castell coch over looking cardiff and rudry towards machen, around the caerphilly basin and back to castell coch - its a good 2/3 hrs ride depending on what tracks you take.

Give it a blast - follow the rhymney valley ridgeway trail

Smithy
  • Dgh
    Dgh Posts: 180
    I'm from Cardiff, ride most Saturdays.

If only have a short time, up over Rhwbina Hill, down through the woods to opp fforest fawr car park, down through the woods to entry to Castell Coch car park, then back up through the woods and down the Rhwbina Hill & back home.

Over the ridge & down the Lisvane tennis club fun, but need to get stickier tyres to do it when wet.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Newport mate, doing a lot of the local trail centers and so on :p
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    pontypool, but i work in cardiff so i'm here everyday :D
  • ol\'gregg
    ol\'gregg Posts: 612
    I'm in Cathays trying to get out a bit more on the bike myself.
    gochel chan ddynion i mewn blew beisiau achos hwy cadernid bod eirth
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I live up in the mountains. :lol:
  • Cardiff sooooooonnnn... I hope :(

GF has an interview i a week :D
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Live in Barry, work in Cardiff. Always up for a local ride.
  • GF's interview is Barry... somewher near the big morrisons i think :?
  • El Capitano
    Which is 2 mins walk from my house. :D
  • El Capitano
    SMITHY D wrote:
    If you're into your xc, a cracking ride is along the ridgeway from castell coch over looking cardiff and rudry towards machen, around the caerphilly basin and back to castell coch - its a good 2/3 hrs ride depending on what tracks you take.

Smithy

Very interested in this route. Would appreciate some more detailed info. :D
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    SMITHY D wrote:
    If you're into your xc, a cracking ride is along the ridgeway from castell coch over looking cardiff and rudry towards machen, around the caerphilly basin and back to castell coch - its a good 2/3 hrs ride depending on what tracks you take.

me too, however a mate of mine goes out with the guys that meet at castle bikes in caerphilly and they do a similar ride through rudry, machen etc. i think they meet on monday and wednesday evenings but i'm not sure :D

Smithy

Very interested in this route. Would appreciate some more detailed info. :D
  • deri.reed
    deri.reed Posts: 1
    Hi there, also love my MBTing, live in center of cardiff and would love an excuse to get out in the mountains!!!
  • solhill
    solhill Posts: 824
    I live in Barry - TBH iv been off my MTB for the last 2 years mourning the loss of my riding buddy to the USA, getting back into it now but i can still shred CwmCarn on any given Sunday