GT Aggressor XCR - Unbuilt!

scoobasteve
scoobasteve Posts: 58
edited October 2008 in MTB beginners
Hi all,

Just picked up my 'boxed' GT XCR from bikehut, found out the full extent of unbuilt! Been many years since I was fitting my own parts on my old Marin as a teenager, help needed to refresh my memory on gear indexing and installation of an Avid juicy front disc caliper!

Few hours of fettling ahead are bringing back memories of my biking days, can't wait to get it out on the trails!
GT Aggressor XCR

Comments

• great bike! i go one! however i had mine built in shop...how come you got yours in a box?!
  • Ordered it online for collection this morning, presumed it would just be a case of putting the pedals on and straightening the handlebars! Nevermind though, at least I'll get a crash course in what's changed in the last decade - get a free 'service' in 6 weeks so I'll get everything re-checked then.

How's the bike? Got this after advice on here as it seemed to be an excellent spec for the money, just hope it rides well as didn't get much chance to try it out.
    GT Aggressor XCR
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    read parktools.

Linky below.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • xgeek
    xgeek Posts: 117
    Had mine 3 weeks now and I love it. Don't have anything else to compare it against mind you :D