2008 Scott Scale 30 - fork flex?

jojo90
jojo90 Posts: 178
edited October 2008 in XC and Enduro
Hi,

Any other Scale 30 2008 owners out there? If so do you find your front wheel 'flexes' slightly to the left if you ram on the front break i.e. pull a bit of an endo?

Mine does.. a little worrying.. :)

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    sounds like your wheel needs looking at.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Dilker
    Dilker Posts: 88
    Never felt anything like that on mine... as above, sounds more like the wheel.
    'to give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift' Steve Prefontaine

"When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race" H.G.Wells
  • jojo90
    jojo90 Posts: 178
    hmmm the wheel does flex if you 'push' it to one side, as does the rear wheel. Guy in the shop said its natural wheel flex... I reckon its more the fork... iirc it does not happen when locked out

Dilker, is there any chance you could do a small endo next time and look at the front wheel :)?
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    what is your fork?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Dilker
    Dilker Posts: 88
    jojo90 wrote:
    hmmm the wheel does flex if you 'push' it to one side, as does the rear wheel. Guy in the shop said its natural wheel flex... I reckon its more the fork... iirc it does not happen when locked out

Dilker, is there any chance you could do a small endo next time and look at the front wheel :)?

I'll have to get my frame back and rebuild the bike first. Just claiming because my BB housing was lose in the carbon :C whens it's built i'll try just for you. :)

I've just tested my Hoops and there is minimal flex in them.

I assume the forks are Fox32 RL 80/100 or some such. What wheels are on it?

Head set a little lose??
    'to give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift' Steve Prefontaine

"When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race" H.G.Wells