Cycle 2 work - Campagnolo

bigmat
bigmat Posts: 5,134
edited October 2008 in Road beginners
OK, probably been done before but I'm looking to get a new road bike on the cycle 2 work scheme, max £1,000 budget. I'd like something with Campag gruppo. What is out there that I should take a look at?

Cheers,

Mat

Comments

• I've seen a special edition CtoW Viner Gladius in my LBT for £1000. Carbon frame with Veloce 09 gruppo. Very nice.
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    Is there any restriction where you buy from?
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • ukracer
    ukracer Posts: 421
    wilier have the escape and evasion if interested with campag mirage
  • Is there any restriction where you buy from?

I think it depends on which C2W scheme your company offers. If know which one it is then check.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Its the Halfords one but apparently they can source most bikes, they told me to have a look and see what I fancy and then they'd let me know if they could get hold of it.
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    Bianchi will fall in your price range with Veloce groupset.
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • I got a Bianchi 1885 with Campag brakes, wheels and groupset (Voloce) all for 999.99 on my work cycle scheme. Meant I couldn't get in any accessories but that wasn't too big an issue as the bike shop still gave me a big discount on them.

The 2008 model is now being discounted by 1-200 pounds so probably a good time to go for it.

Oh and the bike's great...