Cycloc

Jen J
Jen J Posts: 1,054
edited December 2009 in Commuting chat
Has anyone tried these before?

http://www.cycloc.com/index.html

As I've now got three bikes and a very small house, I desperately need to sort some storage out, but I'd just be a bit wary of it falling off the wall?

And do they look hideous? They stand out 30cm from the wall, and I'd imagine with a bike on it, they'd hardly blend in?
Commuting: Giant Bowery 08
Winter Hack: Triandrun Vento 3
Madone

It's all about me...

Comments

• D@VE
    D@VE Posts: 73
    I don't think the bike are going to blend in any way but there other choices.

http://www.bikecare.co.uk/acc/cyclestands.html#top

I think they should be ok and its a good idea but if you've got more than one bike whats the point of pretending the racks aren't there as the other 2 bike are abit of a give away.
    I quite like the free standing one on the web site above or if your quick you can get one like
    the"VELOMANN " on the same website from Aldi for £4.99.
  • Jen J
    D@VE wrote:
    I don't think the bike are going to blend in any way but there other choices.http://www.bikecare.co.uk/acc/cyclestands.html#topI think they should be ok and its a good idea but if you've got more than one bike whats the point of pretending the racks aren't there as the other 2 bike are abit of a give away.I quite like the free standing one on the web site above or if your quick you can get one like the"VELOMANN " on the same website from Aldi for £4.99.

Thanks for the link - the freestanding one has duly been purchased...
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    Hi Jen,

Yes, I have one and while they are a resonably funky design (though a couple of 'friends' have asked me why I have a bucket screwed to the wall), I think it holds the bike too far out from the wall. So now I hardly ever use it as the bike seems to take up less room standing on the floor, leaning against the wall.

If you have high ceilings, it might be a better idea to buy one of those racks that hang the bike from the ...err.. ceiling with a rope pulley to keep the bike suspended up there.

You've changed your avatar - I loved the photo of the woman running - made me laugh every time I saw it. Probably a bit too much self-recognition for comfort though. :wink:
  • always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    Coriander wrote:
    You've changed your avatar - I loved the photo of the woman running - made me laugh every time I saw it. Probably a bit too much self-recognition for comfort though. :wink:
    Oh, I thought that WAS Jen.
  • Jen J
    Coriander wrote:
    Oh, I thought that WAS Jen.

Um...it was...
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • Eiger
    Eiger Posts: 18
    Coriander

I notice you are not a fan of the Cycloc - do you fancy selling it?

Cheers
    Paul
  • Eiger
    Eiger Posts: 18
    Coriander

I notice you are not a fan of the Cycloc - do you fancy selling it?

Cheers
    Paul