Is this what the police really think about us?

Classic33
Classic33 Posts: 374
edited October 2008 in Campaign
http://www.policeoracle.com/forum/forum ... p?TID=9879

&

http://www.policeoracle.com/forum/forum ... p?TID=9891

A simple chance at getting the views of others within the same service felt. First locked, second may well get blocked soon.
Classic

Comments

• If you are involved in an accident or just a spot check , and the police cannot confirm who you are, don't you end up arrested until they can prove who you are,

And your right the threads are getting locked .

I might be just watching too much Police Interceptors and Nightwatch ,Just my 2 penneth worth.
    Martin
  • Big Red S
    Big Red S Posts: 26,890
    Is what what the police really think about us?
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    Get a solicitor (no win no fee, even). I would imagine the police are just following official protocol here so dont feel bad if they lock internet forum threads. Good luck, hope it gets sorted out for you!
  • Classic33
    Awkward questions it seems will not be answered.
    As for the case that brought about the questions, the force simply refuse to answer the question. Much the same as on police oracle.

I was told by one officer that "I was lucky the officer gave me a lift home, rather than let me make my own way home.
    Classic
  • Big Red S
    Big Red S Posts: 26,890
    Awkward questions?

The first made little sense on its own, and the second seemed to be talking as if the intended audience was at the scene.

It'd be difficult to come to the conclusion that either of those threads are the Police being obstructive without setting out with that in mind.
  • Classic33
    Big Red S wrote:
    Awkward questions?

The first made little sense on its own, and the second seemed to be talking as if the intended audience was at the scene.

It'd be difficult to come to the conclusion that either of those threads are the Police being obstructive without setting out with that in mind.

First question was simple enough. Document not issued on the night. Can the non-issue of the document be accounted for later. As in why was it never issued. Also with two officers disagreeing over the issue who's correct.

Second one was "setting the scene", as to why I would be enquiring about the document in the first place. False address given on the night by the driver to the police. Correct address could have been got, from the police, had the producer been issued on the night. 7 days to produce his documents.

Awkward questions because the officer said it had been issued by himself, no evidence of this. Checked the local stations. His senior officer later insisted that the officer hadn't issued the document on the night. But that nothing could be done because of the time since the incident.

As for the title
    I was told its only a bike, both wheels still turned round. Because I wasn't in/on a motor vehicle they would not supply the details required for the MIB forms.

As a result of this refusal by the police I now have the following:
    Vehicle details, VED, MOT & insurance.
    Also owners name, age, address & insurance policy number.
    Drivers previous two addesses plus the correct one at the time. Employer & place of employment. Also the full details of the vehicle registered in their name, but not insured. Nor were they on the night.
    The fact that both the vehicle owner & driver now live together.

All that was required was the drivers insurance details. But those who should have provided refused to do so.
    Classic