lincolnshire wolds anybody???

LoUiS1985
LoUiS1985 Posts: 841
edited January 2009 in MTB rides
Hello,
i regularly ride on the lincolnshire wolds, around binbrook, louth, croxby area.
just seeing if anybody else rides these parts and if they're up for a ride sometime?
cheers
Louis

Comments

• ACDCwmb
    ACDCwmb Posts: 225
    Yep, I ride xc round there, not ridden much around the Louth area though. I'm off the bike at the minute with a knee injury but will be getting back out soon. Most of my rides are usually around the 30 - 50mile mark but when I get back out I'll have to take it easy for a while and lay off the hill work for a bit.

I'd be up for a ride though, a guide around those parts would be great.
    [url]uttp://farm3.static.flickr.com/2453/3644058624_66a72402ee.jpg/]Hardtail[/url]
  • p.fitz
    p.fitz Posts: 66
    i`m around that area every sunday, Live at H/L/C usually around 8am on a hit the bike.Head out threw Waltham,working around croxby,ravendale,binbrook,etc on the fields i just follow the arrows and make it up. more than welcome to join
    Who put that hill there..!!!!!!!!..
  • LoUiS1985
    wheres HLC? i live in new waltham and usually go from there or from north thoresby, depends where my bike is at the time! yeh i just get going off road then take each bridleway as it comes, usually out about 3-4 times a week, even in winter!
  • p.fitz
    Holton-Le-Clay,,,, virtualy neighbours,
  • LoUiS1985
    of course, yeh about five mins away! we'll av to go fo ra ride sometime! i wouldnt say i know my way around really well but i know where all the bridleways are and just ride for a few hours then finally head home!
  • p.fitz
    ok,, no probs shall arrange to meet probaly Toll Bar,,Dont expect a whippet cos i aint i`m a plodder who keeps going.I try to get out in week but go to the liesure center & K/george gym with mate M/W/F circuit training Tues, and fit in being Dad & husband as well but always sunday any weather, looking forward to it,,,.....
  • just got my new spesh enduro......what a machine....... so when you fancy a ride??
  • LoUiS1985 wrote:
    just got my new spesh enduro......what a machine....... so when you fancy a ride??

What a bike for the Lincolnshire Wolds! lol
  • haha it maybe a bit o.t.t for the wolds but i dont just ride the wolds! looking at getting a lighter xc bike for the wolds
  • you lads fancy any night rides, sunday nights?
  • p.fitz
    yeah wot area you mate. just been out got 3 freeking punctures 1 in back 1 in front thats in the 1st 2miles then just riding back into H/L/C font went down thorns of that cycle track dodging horse shite........shud be made to clear it
  • lol, go tubeless mate, answer to all your troubles, no punctures in 2 years here.
    Am in grimsby mate, but we go out from bradley roundabout if you fancy it ever?
    Mail me on phileaton82 at google mail dot com.
  • p.fitz
    yeah will do,,,,contacted my buddy he`s up for it soon but wont be next week im riding in leeds he`s off to top gear road show (twat),,,,,,,,,
  • im not back from work till a week tomorrow, then ive got two weeks to ride in.
  • i aint got no decent lights so dont really do night rides! iv got ten days off work starting this sunday if anyone can make it next week i'l be well up for it!
  • Hi i am just getting back into my mountain biking after a few years off and looking to get my fitness levels back up, I am in Holton Le Clay would be interested in ride out. :D
  • abductee
    abductee Posts: 189
    Have any of you tried out this place? Is it any good? Do you need to be a member or something?

"The Hamilton Hill Freeride Park is brought to you by the Rasen Area Trailblazerz MTB Club, a group of local riders dedicated to bringing you the best in MTB trails.

Our aim is to bring North Shore, Downhill, 4X, and Dual Slalom courses to Lincolnshire. Yes, I said Lincolnshire."

http://www.trailblazerz.net/

I don't live local so I can't join you unless it's really worth a trip out. Just curious about the place because I have heard they are building the woodwork bits for Sherwood pines.
  • p.fitz
    fish,, im also in HLC your more than welcome to join us on a sunday AM,, for a plod about the wolds etc..Ive also checked out Hamilton hill but staying away looks good but compound fractures etc would be high on the score board for me.... leaving it to the young un`s with quick reactions.
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    Could anyone tell me where these Wolds are in relation to Grantham?
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • p.fitz
    Black,, there between lincoln and grimsby,,,, horncastle and louth,,,roughly 45mins to 1 hr from you follow A1 then A46 and you`ll be running with the wolds on your right...nothing spectacular but its all we`ve got as hills here theres some good riding thou,,,
  • mero14
    mero14 Posts: 2
    BlackSpur wrote:
    Could anyone tell me where these Wolds are in relation to Grantham?

The area these chaps are riding is mostly covered by the following OS Explorer map http://leisure.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/leisure/ItemDetails.jsp?item=os_explorer_282 and you'll find it shatters a few myths about Lincolnshire being flat!
    I venture out from Louth onto the Wolds 3 or 4 times a week and have a number of loops ranging from a quick 12 miler pre-work up to a weekend workout of over 50 miles.

Despite seeing a few tyre ruts, I've only ever spoken to one other rider in over 3000 miles of XC riding up there! :o
  • We use the wolds all the time for off road, there are some great routes around Teaby/Walesby/Claxby. Last week we cycled up Claxby hill and then went on the viking way through the woods and fields over to nettleton top. If you get an ordanance map you can go for miles off road around here. We went from Middle Rasen to Uncle Henry's for lunch today (and back) via a lot of very muddy paths/fields ( A little too flat for our usual but it was a really good workout! have a look at the bycyclemania challenge website for a really good route from Walesby.
  • We use the wolds all the time for off road, there are some great routes around Teaby/Walesby/Claxby. Last week we cycled up Claxby hill and then went on the viking way through the woods and fields over to nettleton top. If you get an ordanance map you can go for miles off road around here. We went from Middle Rasen to Uncle Henry's for lunch today (and back) via a lot of very muddy paths/fields ( A little too flat for our usual but it was a really good workout! have a look at the bycyclemania challenge website for a really good route from Walesby.
  • Jboy
    Jboy Posts: 34
    I live just north of Lincoln and must admit to never having been up the wolds yet. Would be up for a ride from say Walesby with someone with local knowledge sometime. Am already mailing someone else about going up there soon. Would be good to get a few of us together for a ride also...!!??
    Cannondale Carbon Rush 4 08
    GT Aggressor 2.0
    Orbea Enol Team Rep
  • p.fitz
    me and my buddy would be up fo it no prob`s, we aint whippets but know the area