bike size

webbhost
webbhost Posts: 470
edited October 2008 in The bottom bracket
I can remember a good while ago someone posted a link to a website that goes into some nice clear and crisp detail to measure yourself up and determine the bike size that you need. Anyone know what this site was? (or know any that explains it nicely?)

Comments

• webbhost
    no worries I found it - it was on PBK ..

Step1: To determine your proper frame size, you’ll first need to get an accurate inseam measurement . Stand with your back against a wall, your bare feet 6" apart on a hard floor, looking straight ahead. Place a book or carpenter’s square between your legs with one edge against the wall, and pull it up firmly into your crotch, simulating the pressure of your saddle while riding. Have a helper measure from the top edge of the book to the floor, in centimeters. (You can convert inches to centimeters by multiplying inches by 2.54.) Repeat two or three times, for consistency, and average the results to get your inseam length.
    Step2: Take your average Inseam measurement and Multiply it by 0.67 this will give you your frame size measurement (eg. an inseam measurement of 85cm would give you a value of 56.95. round this down to the closest frame size available (*Measurement A on the geometry Chart), in this case the frame size would be a 57. Formula: inseam (cm) x 0.67

Question whilst on topic... Theres alot of dimensions stated not just "A" (seat tube)... How important are other things such as top tube length etc? Does all the other bits just tend to fall into place once you have your seat tube length correct?
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    The "Competitive Cyclist" website has a really in depth fitting calculator, enter all your physical characteristics and it gives you some really good ideas.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • webbhost
    thanks reddraggon ill look into it.