collected my first road bike today

richtapz
richtapz Posts: 9
edited October 2008 in Road beginners
Today i collected my first road bike from my LBS a 'specialized allez elite 09' 52cm. as soon as i got home i put my gear on and took it out for a ride, as i have nothing to compare the bike to i didnt know what to expect but i was totally blown away and absolutely loved it. the gear change was totally smooth the bike flew across the ground and even the saddle felt comfortable then when getting out of the saddle and throwing the bike around left to right i had all the confidence in the world with the bike. so far so good, hopefully good weather tommorrow. start getting some miles into my legs.
nothing is ever impossible! your body will always adapt to what is ever thrown at it! always believe in your own abilities!

Comments

• sounds great, like Chjristmas Day in October
  • trickeyja
    trickeyja Posts: 202
    Congrats! I got the '08 model at the end of August. It's a really fantastic bike, and after working to save up for it over the summer it was a great reward. I have almost done my first thousand miles and haven't had a single puncture as yet... As you said it is really smooth and the gear changes are very good. I have only had my old mountain bike to compare it with (Specialized Hardrock Pro), but it is so much quicker and I reckon I gained about 4-5mph on my average speed...
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    Sounds good :) - put some base miles in over Winter, then look forward to some Sportives come March/April onwards.
  • Congrats and enjoy :D
    There's no time for hesitating.
    Pain is ready, pain is waiting.
    Primed to do it's educating.