Adjusting Saddle Angle

Gothmeister
Gothmeister Posts: 62
edited October 2008 in MTB beginners
I want to lower the front of my saddle slightly, as it's digging into somewhere that I'd rather it didn't (!) but I cannot see how to adjust it. Am I being stupid? I can see how one can move the saddle backwards and forwards, but not its angle.

Comments

• Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    undo the bolt a little more & you should be able to change the angle.
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    or undo one bolt and tighten another. or undo 4 bolts.....

It depends on the seat post clamping system.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Sorry....I'm confused! I only have ONE bolt which clamps two plates together around the saddle frame/rails. It can slide forward and back on its rails, but I can't see how the angle can be altered...maybe an embarrassing trip to the LBS is called for.
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    there are small teeth on the seatpost head that hold the saddle at the desired angle, you need to undo the one bolt enough for the teeth to be able to move over each other

Just undo the bolt a bit more, see if that works, if not undo it a bit more until it does.
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • Ahhh...yes, I went out to the garage to have a closer look at the seatpost before yr reply arrived and I think I have discovered what you're saying. I'll have a play around in the morning. Thanks Andy!