Paint attack on Bristol/Bath RW path - help please

alfablue
alfablue Posts: 8,497
edited November 2008 in Campaign
Following having paint chucked at me on the path last week I need your help about any similar incidents (objects thrown etc.) on the path to enable the Police to make a case to the council to do something, please read and reply to my thread here.

Many thanks

Comments

• Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    Have you considered googling for a local cycle campaigning group or cycling clubs for their help? Local knowledge, and all that.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • alfablue
    Crapaud wrote:
    Have you considered googling for a local cycle campaigning group or cycling clubs for their help? Local knowledge, and all that.
    Thanks Crapaud, yes that is a good idea, I have already been in touch with the Bath Cycling Campaign (we have a newsgroup so all members are circulated) and the Railway Path Users group, and I will be getting in touch with clubs in the area.
  • Bath students union might be a good one too, as there is quite a high uptake of cycling at Bath University I'm told.
  • alfablue
    thanks eternal - good idea
  • snakehips
    snakehips Posts: 2,272
    This route really does sound like a war zone .....

'Police are currently advising cyclists using the path not to ride alone and to only use the route during peak hours' is a quote from an item on the BikeRadar home page at the moment.

Snake

my bikes ... http://beta.yudu.com/library/item_details/17432/Snakehips--Bikes
    'Follow Me' the wise man said, but he walked behind!
  • alfablue
    Yes, its not good! I was hoping for some anecdotes to provide the police about incidents, they asked me if I could do this so they could make a case with the parish council to build a cage over the bridge where this happened. Unfortunately, even though I know there will have been many (I often see debris that has been thrown from the bridge) I have had very few stories, and little to tell them. Help please...?
  • alfablue
    Do you have a link to that story? I can't find it.

edit: Ah, it was the 5th June story - this was at the Easton end (I don't venture there - too wild!), there were muggings, some motivated by pure violence, not even theft! Most of the rest of the path seems to be safer in this respect, the problem is more with teenagers throwing objects (paint, stones) and placing items on the path (car tyres, logs, drawing pins), and one anecdote of a nylon string being placed across the path.
  • Hi alphablue.

I've sent you a pm. If for some reason it doesn't reach you please pm me.

Andy