Giant XTC 4.5 2008

Widdy
Widdy Posts: 3
edited October 2008 in MTB beginners
Hi all, i have just bought the above bike today and was wondering if it is a good bike. I used to ride a Giant Rincon which was a decent bike for the money but it ended up getting damaged so i decided to treat myself and upgrade to the XTC 4.5 .
I paid £399 for the XTC4.5 which seemed to be a great price as everyone else was selling it for £500. Will i also see a big difference in performance on the 4.5 compared to the Rincon?

Comments

• ST Colin
    ST Colin Posts: 147
    Firstly, as with any XTC, you have a great frame for upgrading. I think you also have an LX/Deore groupset, Giants own hydro brakes, Alex DP-17 rims and a 100mm Dart2 fork?

Sounds like a good package for £399 if you ask me.

Get out there and enjoy it!
    http://stcolin.pinkbike.com

BeOne Aspire 1.0
    RS Recon Race Air Solo 100mm
    Raceface XC and Easton
    Mavic 321, DT Swiss spokes, XT hubs
    Panaracer Rampage SC's
  • Widdy
    Widdy Posts: 3
    Thanks for the info Colin.

Yeah it does have LX/Deore groupset, Giants own hydro brakes, Alex DP-17 rims and a 100mm Dart2 fork.

Will get out there as soon as it arrives, hopefully it will arrive on Friday so i can get out on it at the weekend.

Sorry for all the questions but does anybody own a XTC 4.5?
  • Widdy wrote:
    Thanks for the info Colin.

Yeah it does have LX/Deore groupset, Giants own hydro brakes, Alex DP-17 rims and a 100mm Dart2 fork.

Will get out there as soon as it arrives, hopefully it will arrive on Friday so i can get out on it at the weekend.

Sorry for all the questions but does anybody own a XTC 4.5?

Yep, I got one of the first '08 XTC 4.5s that my LBS sold. I've really enjoyed it (apart from coming off and breaking my collar bone but these things happen... :D ) The only changes I've made are clipless pedals, replaced the chain and changing the front tyre from the Nevegal to a Blue Groove. The weak point of the package is the fork, IMHO, but it is still good enough for my mediocre abilities...

Enjoy!

_
  • Bmjboy
    Bmjboy Posts: 680
    My Giant XTC SE (Which I think turned into a 3.5?) is still going strong after 2 years of good use.

Bulletproof build quality, absolutely love it.

You will not regret your purchase.

My next bike will be also a Giant no doubt, maybe next year when Ive saved enough pennies! :lol:

Get out there and enjoy it, and as mentioned, its a great base frame to start upgrading as and when you feel the need to.
    "I don't do double-entendres, but I do like to slip a big one in occasionally"

Giant Trance X2 / Garmin Edge 305 / Empty Wallet