Advice needed

Jamerf
Jamerf Posts: 2
edited October 2008 in Road beginners
In a desperate bid to get fit I purchased a 30 year old road bike from a local bike shop (it was a Carlton Criterium if anyone’s interested). I had forgotten how much fun cycling is and have now decided to upgrade to a more modern ‘entry level’ model (Budget is about £550).

A local(ish) bike shop is offering 3 years interest free credit on most of its models. It makes sense for me to use this facility, then I can spend the money I had put aside on lots of extra birthday presents for the wife, keeping her occupied and allowing me more time on the bike.

I have narrowed it down to three, Giant Defy 3 / Obrea Fleche / Trek 1.2, based on price.

I don’t know much about any of them, but before I go to look at them etc. I would like to know if there is a clear winner/loser from the three. Or do I just go with the one with the nicest colours ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Comments

• scoobers
    scoobers Posts: 364
    Go and sit on them and try them out if possible, see which one you are most comfortable with.
    Those manufacturers all make decent bikes but the fit will be different for each of them.
  • there's no stand out winner - unless you have a triple vs. compact preference. As they're not all three available in both...
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    Jamerf wrote:
    A local(ish) bike shop is offering 3 years interest free credit on most of its models. It makes sense for me to use this facility, then I can spend the money I had put aside on lots of extra birthday presents for the wife, keeping her occupied and allowing me more time on the bike.

LMAO :lol: just showed that to my wife and she said quote 'yeah, he's got the right idea' then again she is Aussie
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB