e-Thirteen Bash ring (sizing)

ichabod crane
ichabod crane Posts: 144
edited October 2008 in MTB beginners
Hi,

need a little advice, i wish to replace my out ring with a e13 supercharger but am unsure on which one i need?

Have a Race face Atlas crank with 22t, 32t and 44t, is it just a matter of getting a 44t sized guard as that is the ring i am replacing?

Maybe a silly question but wanna be sure. If that is what i need to do anyone know where i can get a 44t e13 in that mint green colour?

Thanks

Comments

• i have found out i need a 32t to match my middle ring. But i cant find one is sea foam green anywhere :(
  • dirtbiker100
    dirtbiker100 Posts: 1,997
    You'd want a 32T ring as thats the one you're protecting. maybe get 34?

What i did was to get two new chainrings - 24 and 36. this meant i didn't loose too much climbing ability but then got a bit more help when going down.
    I then got a 38T ring to go with it? i think? or did i get 40 incase i wanted to go even bigger on a middle ring? anyway. you want to get the size you're protecting, not the size you're replacing.
  • hucking_fell
    hucking_fell Posts: 1,056
    Get a 36t bashring 'cos you'll soon find that you're spinning out the 32t on the downhills.
    More freerange chicken than Freeride God
    Bighit , 5 , BFe
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    well all of the above are correct but a bit off.

what size ring will you be wanting to run inside of the bash ring? get a bash ring to suit that ring.

And you will be running two rings and a bash. If you want to run 3 rings and a bash look at a different device.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown