Good old BBC

woodford2barbican
woodford2barbican Posts: 1,505
edited October 2008 in Campaign
They are more like the local News Shopper than an international news body......

Old Course will sink into sea

Should perhaps read:

One hundred and forty million Bangladeshi's have no dry land to live on.

But no, some poxy golf course in Scotland will be underwater as well so let's report on that.

Comments

• Why do you think that Professor Jan Bebbington, director of the St Andrews Sustainability Institute at St Andrews University (I guess its fairly close to St Andrews Golf Course) would report about Bangladesh rather than St Andrews Golf Course when she was commisioned to write a report on St Andrews Golf Course and not Bangladesh?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7663716.stm

From the link above dated today;

Recent flood events in Nepal, India and Bangladesh that displaced millions have stoked fears that defences along rivers in the region may not withstand climate change-induced floods, and could result in bigger catastrophes.
  • pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    Not much pox in St Andrews as far as I can see. Rabbits, yes, infectious diseases, no.

In order to be properly parochial (only concerned about where they come from) they could have reported that some (truly) poxy city on the Thames Estuary would go under.

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• I don't think she should - I think it is a waste of bandwidth of the BBC to even publicise the fact that this kind of bullshite exists.
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    i hope theyre good at treading water then
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'