Newbie saying hi

adrianb1066
adrianb1066 Posts: 66
edited October 2008 in MTB beginners
Been lurking for a while as am getting back to riding after 20 years off and need to update the bike, so thought it was about time I introduced myself. (Hope that this is the right section)

Been using my old Scott Purgatory (last seen in a museum exhibit) for the last 6 months 4-5 times a week building up general fitness but am now looking to ride more demanding trails locally and in the New Forest.

Just got back from the lbs in Brighton after putting a deposit down on a Specialized Rockhopper Comp 2008 reduced from £750 to £575 :D Girlfriend is getting it for me for Xmas so roll on Dec 25th :lol:
2010 Specialized FSRxc
2011 Giant Defy 4

Comments

• .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Welcome to the forum fella. Of course you will have to take the Rockhopper out a few times before Xmas, just to make sure it's OK like...
  • Been lurking for a while as am getting back to riding after 20 years off and need to update the bike, so thought it was about time I introduced myself. (Hope that this is the right section)

Been using my old Scott Purgatory (last seen in a museum exhibit) for the last 6 months 4-5 times a week building up general fitness but am now looking to ride more demanding trails locally and in the New Forest.

Just got back from the lbs in Brighton after putting a deposit down on a Specialized Rockhopper Comp 2008 reduced from £750 to £575 :D Girlfriend is getting it for me for Xmas so roll on Dec 25th :lol:

Another Purgatory owner! I thought I was the only one! :lol:
    What do you think of it out of interest? I like mine, despite it being a little big for me. The only thing that seems to let it down are the rubbish RST fork and the now dated drivechain.

Funninly enough, I've been looking at Rockhoppers to replace it with too.

Edit: Oh, and where did you find the Comp for £575!? That's a good price.
    Less internal organs, same supertwisted great taste.
  • .blitz wrote:
    Welcome to the forum fella. Of course you will have to take the Rockhopper out a few times before Xmas, just to make sure it's OK like...
    Cheers .blitz apparently I can have it for my birthday on Dec 12th woohoo :D

Cheers supertwisted can't be many Purgatorys around. Got mine about10 years ago and never really used it much, used it for 6 months and lost 1 stone and promised myself a treat hence the Rockhopper. Rode a few other bikes Scott, GT and Trek but always liked the look of the Spec and a ride just confirmed it cos it felt like it was made for me. Its the last 08 one they had in the shop so reduced to clear room for 09 stuff from Rayment Cycles in Brighton.

If you are looking I think they had a Rockhopper Expert Disc 08 £850 down to £699 (phone to check prices as I didn't pay too much attention to it as it was too small for me - medium)

Still love the old bike but can't wait for the new :lol:
    2010 Specialized FSRxc
    2011 Giant Defy 4
  • Pretty much a dupilcate of my experience. Bought the Scott several years ago, only time it came out of the garage was when I moved house.

Then out of the blue I decided to drag it out and have been riding it every chance I get since. The child in my is lusting after a shinier toy now though. :lol:
    Less internal organs, same supertwisted great taste.