dumb pedals question

grumsta
grumsta Posts: 994
edited October 2008 in Road beginners
Hi, hopefully getting my first road bike in the next week or two. I need to check but I don't think it comes with pedals.

The question is, is there any reason I can't just use some old M520 mountain bike pedals I have at home, and my mountain bike shoes? At least for now anyway.

Cheers

Comments

• that should be fine. i know some people use them all the time. but i prefer looks on the road :D
  • fluff.
    fluff. Posts: 771
    No reason why not, road shoes and pedals will save some weight (but lose you some practicality).
  • No reason whatsoever! They'll work fine (until someone comes along and tells us otherwise)

However, if you are like me and you want to be a pure roadie, you'll soon realise it's like having gravy on treacle sponge. Both are wonderful but not together :D
  • grumsta
    Ah great, thanks, just what I wanted to hear! Not too bothered about weight when I weigh over 16 stone anyway. :P
  • grumsta
    Yeah I'm sure at some point in the future I will decide I really HAVE to have road pedals and shoes to go on a road bike as an excuse to spend some cash, but at the mo I just need to concentrate on getting the new bike. :D