Ive done it!!

spasypaddy
spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
edited October 2008 in Road general
Ive got my first ss/fixie

its got a flip flop hub, currently running it as a SS, have a picture of the beaut!

DSC00063.jpg

Comments

• daz51
    daz51 Posts: 159
    I have had mine 10 days and its amazing,

must admit riding them is very different to how i expected!!!!!!
  • spasypaddy
    i keep on reaching for the gear levers! Then they aren't there!

:lol:
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    All you have to do now is call it a "FIXED"!
    Have fun!
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."
  • Bikerbaboon
    Bikerbaboon Posts: 1,017
    meagain wrote:
    All you have to do now is call it a "FIXED"!
    Have fun!

I prefer Fixie.... Fixed sounds like something that you do to young boy cats. :wink:

Made up my first bike thats a SS and im please to bits its an old carlton 351 frame and im running it at 48/18 hope you have fun.

12102008170.jpg

Yes i know i have posted the pic b4 but its my first home build bike and i work my ass off all weekend and im like a bloke hit my a steam train ( chuffed to bits ).
    Nothing in life can not be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas
  • meagain
    I still can't see the point of single free on the tarmac - if going to have a freewheel really might as well have variable gears, surely? Off road, yes.
    And sorry but "fixie" just sounds a twee affectation to me! But then I guess that that is what the current (and a I bet short lived) fad for them is all about. They're already starting to be the H-D of the pedal power world: lots for sale (relative to the market size) with next to no miles under the wheels!
    d.j.
  • Bikerbaboon
    Bikerbaboon Posts: 1,017
    the reasons for a single speed for me is cost.
    This bike is for my general running about on and gettign to the shops. haveing a free wheel makes the bike more useable for general day to day runnings, ( im not the god of all hills in my area and if i do need to get off and push i like my shins un mashed.)
    Nothing in life can not be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas
  • meagain
    the reasons for a single speed for me is cost.

A very valid reason - but honest a fixed ain't much more (shins argument understood!).
    d.j.
  • I got my first fixed on the weekend. Loved it so much I've bought a better one today! Switch to the fixed side - you won't regret it.
    Love bikes, not much else
  • spasypaddy
    i would of been riding fixed but the shop didnt have the right size (17) fixed wheel cog in stock so they set it up as freewheel, but tomorrow they are going to drop me a fixed cog in and as its a flip flop hub i shall be riding fixed wheel.

23 miles on it today, its a wonderful ride, quick and nippy! So much so the guy on the full Ti litespeed couldnt keep up today!