Bought a new bike earlier!

parklaneyido
parklaneyido Posts: 19
edited October 2008 in Road beginners
As some of you may have read, I have been searching for a bike for the past week and have finally got one!

I went to Evans on my lunchbreak and got the Scott Speedster S60 Triple 2008. I think it looks the nuts for an entry level bike. When I got back to work, I thought I'd have a look on the net for it, don't ask me why. Anyhow, it turned out a huge advantage as I found the bike for nearly £100 cheaper. I called up evans, who run a price match policy, and told me to bring a print out of the price and they'll refund the difference! Happy days!! :D

Comments

• As some of you may have read, I have been searching for a bike for the past week and have finally got one!

I went to Evans on my lunchbreak and got the Scott Speedster S60 Triple 2008. I think it looks the nuts for an entry level bike. When I got back to work, I thought I'd have a look on the net for it, don't ask me why. Anyhow, it turned out a huge advantage as I found the bike for nearly £100 cheaper. I called up evans, who run a price match policy, and told me to bring a print out of the price and they'll refund the difference! Happy days!! :D

Was it a bit of an impulse buy by any chance?

Normally if I am going to look at bikes I have a fair idea of the value before I go!
    17 Stone down to 12.5 now raring to get back on the bike!
  • fuzzynavel wrote:
    As some of you may have read, I have been searching for a bike for the past week and have finally got one!

Was it a bit of an impulse buy by any chance?

Normally if I am going to look at bikes I have a fair idea of the value before I go!
    You could say that. The thing is, there is only one place that I have found that bike cheaper than Evans, so I think it must be worth the amount I first paid for it? My knowledge on bikes isn't that great as I am just starting to get into it properly! :wink:
  • Well done Park Lane. Welcome aboard and all that. You can now spend the £100 you saved on lycra shorts and all the other bits and bobs you will need.

A lock too so that some Plumstead Scummer doesnt seek to permanently deprive you of your steed :roll: .
  • Well done Park Lane. Welcome aboard and all that. You can now spend the £100 you saved on lycra shorts and all the other bits and bobs you will need.

A lock too so that some Plumstead Scummer doesnt seek to permanently deprive you of your steed :roll: .

Ahh, I'm ahead of the game, I've got that lot etc already lol! I think I'll spend some of the £100 on some lights and a wireless computer!
  • Was it the £359 at Tredz that you spotted afterwards, by any chance?
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Was it the £359 at Tredz that you spotted afterwards, by any chance?
    It was indeed :wink: