Moon made of cheese

the ferry
the ferry Posts: 258
edited October 2008 in Campaign
......so there i was this Monday had day off picked wife up from work.
Driving through town she said that on her way in to work she passes numerous mothers walking their kids to school wearing pyjamas!
She looked at me and realised i was struggling with it so added to it by saying some of them are still in their pyjamas when picking the kids up in the afternoon.

Is she winding me up :?:

Comments

• fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    probably not- loads of the trailer trash round here wear pj's all day
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • oxon
    oxon Posts: 35
    move!, sounds like a soap! :wink:
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    the ferry wrote:
    ......so there i was this Monday had day off picked wife up from work.
    Driving through town she said that on her way in to work she passes numerous mothers walking their kids to school wearing pyjamas!
    She looked at me and realised i was struggling with it so added to it by saying some of them are still in their pyjamas when picking the kids up in the afternoon.

Is she winding me up :?:

No. It happens here. It got so bad at a couple of schools that the Heads wrote letters to parents this year to ask them to stop.
  • on the road
    on the road Posts: 5,631
    It's very common round here, you even see laddetts doing their shopping stil in their PJ's :roll:
  • beverick
    beverick Posts: 3,461
    Yup, we noticed a couple of teenage girls wearing PJ bottoms at the weekend.

It seems to be 'on trend' at the moment.

Bob
  • What's wrong with wearing PJs out and about? They are just clothes after all. You lot may refer to Debrett's Guide for the Modern Gentleman before stepping out of your bedchamber each morning, but me, if you can't see my genitalia I consider myself well dressed.
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    beverick wrote:
    Yup, we noticed a couple of teenage girls wearing PJ bottoms at the weekend.

It seems to be 'on trend' at the moment.

Bob

That camera with the long lens trained on their bedroom turned up only girls in their pj's then? :wink: :?
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • sicrow
    sicrow Posts: 791
    A few years ago when I was just a lad I went away with my dad on a trade function and met a friend of his who owned a very big paper mill and was a multimillionaire, he came down for breakfast in his PJ's in the Ritz in London

He was called excentric

I guess these lasses aren't exactly excentic just lazy F***ers that I pay max taxes to support

Rant over - feel better know :roll:
  • sicrow wrote:
    A few years ago when I was just a lad I went away with my dad on a trade function and met a friend of his who owned a very big paper mill and was a multimillionaire, he came down for breakfast in his PJ's in the Ritz in London

He was called excentric

I guess these lasses aren't exactly excentic just lazy F***ers that I pay max taxes to support

Rant over - feel better know :roll:

Tell me about it. I saw a woman giving her child some crisps the other day, and they weren't even Waitrose organic ones! Must have been an illegal immigrant dole scrounger with 20 kids. Probably a paedo too, on her way from committing a knife crime. And by the way I pay a s**tload of tax. You couldn't make it up, we are going to hell in a handcart. And it's 'eccentric'; I blame the schools. And the parents.
  • downfader
    Funny, most seem to be blaming the PM on the Sun website. :lol:
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    downfader wrote:

You admit to reading that website!

Child abuse websites maybe, but the Wapping Liar is going too far
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • downfader
    spen666 wrote:
    downfader wrote:

You admit to reading that website!

Child abuse websites maybe, but the Wapping Liar is going too far

I find it and the 'Mail website hysterically funny, tbh. I call them comics, myself. :lol:
  • Aye, many an hour can be whiled away on the readers' comments section of the Daily Mail website, although it can be deleterious to your mental health. I think a link to this has been posted on BR before, but I defy anyone to tell the difference between a typical Daily Mail reader's comment and the thoughts of the mighty t**t-o-tron:

http://ifyoulikeitsomuchwhydontyougoliv ... at-o-tron/
  • Simon Notley
    Simon Notley Posts: 1,263
    Wow, that's genius! Reminds me of the Mitchell and Webb Look sketch when they play BBC News presenters asking the viewers to have thir say...
  • Simon Notley
    Simon Notley Posts: 1,263
    Here it is for those that haven't seen it... sorry for the thread hijack by the way!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=E10Bp_mPXXA
  • Xcellent...I reckon

Particularly enjoyed 'Wordsworth' referance :D
    'How can an opinion be bullsh1t?' High Fidelity