Tips on sprint

JF
JF Posts: 11
edited October 2008 in Road beginners
I haven't been biking for very long and the other day i was doing a sprint training on the roads. During a sprint that i was actually sitting down on my saddle i reach about 63 kmh but i hit a a small rock on the pavement. My back wheel lifted me off the saddle and the wheel of the ground. oubviously i lost control and ended up in the ditch. Any tips so that this doesn't happen again? Our roads in Canada are really in bad shape and are full of small rocks here and there.

Comments

• Keep your head up!
  • BUICK
    BUICK Posts: 362
    Don't ride on the pavement?
    '07 Langster (dropped one tooth from standard gearing)
    '07 Tricross Sport with rack and guards
    STUNNING custom 953 Bob Jackson *sigh*
  • SCR Pedro
    SCR Pedro Posts: 912
    Hey there,

Keep going over the same stretch of road which you know is free of debris.

Cheers
    Pedro
    Giant TCR Advanced II - Reviewed on my homepage
    Giant TCR Alliance Zero
    BMC teammachineSLR03
    The Departed
    Giant SCR2
    Canyon Roadlite
    Specialized Allez
    Some other junk...
  • JF
    yes I ride on pavement unfortunatly that was the cleanest road i know lol i'm mooving soon anyways hopefully the roads will be bette there

thanks
  • Harp
    Harp Posts: 79
    JF wrote:
    yes I ride on pavement unfortunatly that was the cleanest road i know lol i'm mooving soon anyways hopefully the roads will be bette there

thanks

The pavement isn't a road :wink:
  • Simon Notley
    Simon Notley Posts: 1,263
    Unfortunately this is one where the the peoples of the other side of the pond are correct, or at least consistent with the technical terms... the road is in fact a pavement... as indeed is the footpath albeit a rather less engineered one...

But anyway. Keep your eyes open and try to dodge the worst of the obstacles, if there's one you can't avoid try to shift your weight off the saddle - that way your knees and elbows will flex to absorb the impact rather than you just bouncing off the rock into a ditch.
  • JF
    Unfortunately this is one where the the peoples of the other side of the pond are correct, or at least consistent with the technical terms... the road is in fact a pavement... as indeed is the footpath albeit a rather less engineered one...

But anyway. Keep your eyes open and try to dodge the worst of the obstacles, if there's one you can't avoid try to shift your weight off the saddle - that way your knees and elbows will flex to absorb the impact rather than you just bouncing off the rock into a ditch.

thanks i'll try that next time!