Tell me where to find Englands best trails....

carbon337
carbon337 Posts: 414
edited October 2008 in MTB rides
Im going down to Birmingham next Thursday for work and im thinking of throwing the bike in the hire car and getting some riding in.

Im looking for ride ideas for the Friday, where is best place i can ride between Birmingham and Newcastle.

Peak District?
Cannock Chase?
North York Moors?

Normally ride Kielder, Glentress, Kirroughtree so XC through to red/black trails.

Would prefer a trail centre type place to save getting lost on my own but not that fussed. All ideas welcome, tell me where Englands best rides are.

Comments

• when i read the topic title i was going to reply with a sarcastic remark like "you find them in scotland" :lol:

after being to glentress/inerliethen all my normal trails are really disapointing :(

B
  • carbon337
    carbon337 Posts: 414
    Starting to look like im heading back up North to Dalby Forest after watching some You Tube footage. The FTD trail at cannock looks too short.

Any suggestions for the Midlands/Peak area?
  • clipper
    clipper Posts: 60
    No waymarking but plenty of routes around Ladybower Reservoir in the Peaks that are easy to follow - Googling "cut gate path" ain't a bad place to start.
  • A question about Ladybower, Ive done the typical round the reserviour tarmac/rough track ride, but Ive heard there are some way more aggressive and technical trails further up in the hills around there, any really challenging stuff you could reccomend up there (challenging as in fast, dangerous, and technical, no phat hill climbs please :P)
  • altern_8
    altern_8 Posts: 1,562
    join steveskee 2mor if you want some good stuff to ride,the downhills are worth carrying youre little one on youre back up the climbs....well worth it..... :D
  • Why not have a look here, good selection of routes and rides in and around the N.Y. Moors

http://www.mtbe.co.uk/

:wink: