Comments

• apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    Tredz and Wheelies owned by Halfords along with cycle republic
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,449
    apreading wrote:

Well maybe some of Tredz's expertise will rub off on their owners. Maybe it already has because I can't remember seeing any recent Halfords' horror stories, and my recent experience of their customer service was very good indeed. :)
  • I ordered in good faith just one item, a bike saddle - Selle Royal Respiro - Athletic - ( as they come in 3 sizes, for different buts and comfort ) for my race road bike, and they sent a different bigger model for city/touring bike, which BTW was a bit scratched on the upper surface area, so not a well kept item in their warehouse prior to selling... in order for me to waste time and sent it back and after maybe, just maybe I should expect what I ordered in the first place ;) . Again, MAYBE they sell you what they find on the floor, regardless of your choice! At least in my case, it was a true story!
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    NO, they are not!

Don't bother ordering ( # 4182148 ) from https://www.tredz.co.uk/ Tredz.co.uk bicycle online store or use the Price Match Guarantee ( btw, they mainly accept prices match only from Evans and Chain Reaction Cycles ), as they will send another product and not the one ordered ( because they mislead you with wrong product pictures + lack of complete description ), and then you have to waste your time, printing labels for Asda dropping point, sending the item back, because of their entire fault!

Who has the time to waste for this kind of procedures in London... when the client has no fault in this?

If you don't take some time off or a mini vacation to send the faulty product back, for their clear mistake, they will literally offend you offering a 3-pound discount or in best case scenario, a 5 pound one for a future order, which you can get for free simply by subscribing to their newsletter! So try your luck ordering from https://www.tredz.co.uk/! If you have the time and nerves for it...

Cool first post.
  • figbat
    figbat Posts: 680
    I just looked back through my Tredz orders. Five have arrived on time, in full, as expected. The sixth is still outstanding after a few weeks' waiting. Am I bothered? No, because the day after placing the order (for 3 items) they called me to say that one item was out of stock but due in mid-Feb - did I want the other two items sent now and the third when it arrived? I declined their offer and said none of the items were desperately needed, I could wait.

Good service from them, I say.
    Cube Reaction GTC Pro 29 for the lumpy stuff
    Cannondale Synapse alloy with 'guards for the winter roads
    Fuji Altamira 2.7 for the summer roads
    Trek 830 Mountain Track frame turned into a gravel bike - for anywhere & everywhere
  • apreading wrote:

Well maybe some of Tredz's expertise will rub off on their owners. Maybe it already has because I can't remember seeing any recent Halfords' horror stories, and my recent experience of their customer service was very good indeed. :)

Its coming up on 3 years now
  • JBA wrote:
    Shop that sells thousands of items makes a small mistake shocker!
    Suck it up and stop moaning. It's hardly the end of the world.

Nobody is moaning dear user JBA, just wanted to explain the situation to others for them to know what to expect, and with your cool attitude, I guess nobody should make any reviews when a "small" mistake like this happens, and this kind of bike online store should do what they want with our orders, TIME and money in the end?!

For me personally, it's not cool to waste time for their mistakes, looking for an ASDA location, printing the return label, returning an item because of a warehouse mistake, and not because I changed my mind, and btw " this small mistakes " happened to many Tredz customers.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Why did you need to dig up a three year old thread if it's happening all of the time to many customers ?
  • and btw " this small mistakes " happened to many Tredz customers.
    Strange that you've now posted on Trustpilot where many, many, many more Tredz customers report 5 star service, rather disproving your above claim.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.tredz.co.uk

I also see you've suggested people come here to look at people's bad experiences of Tredz where they'll find this thread showing a few complaints over the past 10+ years.
  • and btw " this small mistakes " happened to many Tredz customers.
    Strange that you've now posted on Trustpilot where many, many, many more Tredz customers report 5 star service, rather disproving your above claim.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.tredz.co.uk

I also see you've suggested people come here to look at people's bad experiences of Tredz where they'll find this thread showing a few complaints over the past 10+ years.

Looking on google to review Tredz.co.uk website, because of my awful personal experience with them, I found an open thread regarding tredz.co.uk, guess where? HERE! Look closely at their reviews on Trustpilot, at every 3-4 good ones, you will find a bad one and so on.

The thing is that they don't know how to manage their mistakes and the customer remains with the purchased unwanted item!

I can bare and understand the very slow delivery process unless you're in a hurry for a Tour or Giro, but after all that waiting, to receive a different item, it's too much!
  • So - based on the fact that EVERY e-commerce site gets a bad review every so often - I can't use any of them because they are all terrible?

You've had a bad experience - I get that. But you're going on about it like it was deliberate and/or the worse thing that's ever happended to you.

People will sympathise/empathise with you - but not when you just go off on one.

In terms of review sites - there is a belief that more people like to complain - so it's hard to get a balanced view on how `bad` someone is.

I'm not exactly sure what point you're trying to make.
    "Ride, crash, replace"
  • I ordered a hope headset in red back in may. Order went through then 2 days later said it would be shipped 20th aug almost 3 months later. I cancelled the order and got it elsewhere within a week.
  • larkim
    larkim Posts: 2,485
    I've ordered stuff from them, arrived on time and intact. Each to their own - YMMV.
    2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
    2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
    2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
    2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
    2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
    2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)