Lights

bryan71
bryan71 Posts: 89
edited October 2008 in Campaign
Having just bought some lights for my winter bike from Hewitts.I was disgusted when this morning i almost knocked a brainles wonder off his mountain bike.The weather this morning is very foggy.I had fog lights on my car.When i just noticed a mountain biker at the last minute.He had a black coat on,black jeans and work books on.And NO lights on his bike at all.Shame there isn't cops about when u need them

Comments

• I realised years ago that plod is only there when I break the law, never when others do it :lol:
  • Another reason for not instantly assigning responsibility for all motorist/cyclist crashes to the person driving the vehicle!
    I also express my doubt that fog lights (Especially rear ones!) would be needed.
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • Eat My Dust
    Eat My Dust Posts: 3,965
    bryan71 wrote:
    .Shame there isn't cops about when u need them

You've got to be kidding. I was following a car last night, we were in the right hand lane and there was a Police van in the left lane waiting at a red light. The car in front of me just drove straight past the Police van and through the red light, stopping at the next red which is about 20ft further on. I stopped beside the Police van and laughed, thinking surely the cops were going to have a word. Nope, they didn't even blink at it! Funny that there was a thread on BR the other day about someone being pulled by the cops on a bike for setting off from a set of lights just before they changed from red.
  • beverick
    beverick Posts: 3,461
    Speaking of not having a police officer around when you need one, I'm getting pretty pi$$ed off with seeing what seems to be a constant stream of PCSOs cycling around on footpaths.

One of these days I'll report the bu&&ers.

Bob
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    bryan71 wrote:
    He had a black coat on,black jeans and work books on.And NO lights on his bike at all.

I see this sort of thing on a daily basis. Kids, adults, the lot.