waterproof over shoes

andy610
andy610 Posts: 602
edited October 2008 in Road beginners
anyone recommend any waterproof overshoes ive just got rid of mine because the rear zip came apart and they were hard to get on im a size 44 but i ordered a size 45/46 the stitching also came apart in places and ive only had them one winter, i really liked the look of them though, maybe i should of put them on legs first then over the shoes instead of shoes on then overshoes over them. they were bbb waterflex overshoes

Comments

• Cheshley
    Cheshley Posts: 1,448
    I also have BBB Waterflex in a size 47/48 and they fit nicely over my size 50 Lake shoes. My other (some would say better) half got them for me last Xmas off the 'Bay and I note that there are some being sold there right now in that size (not by me I hasten to add). I fit them by putting my foot through and up my leg first, fasten the zip and then stretch the front over the toes, that way there isn't any unnecessary strain on the zip whilst fastening them. Nearly 12 months old now and still like new.
    1998 Marin Hawk Hill
    2008 Specialized FSR XC Comp
    2008 Scott Speedster S30 FB

SLOW RIDES FOR UNFIT PEOPLE - Find us on Facebook or in the MTB Rides section of this forum.
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    Wiggle do their own brand (DHB) waterproof overshoes which I have found to be very good for the price 17.99
  • oxon
    oxon Posts: 35
    I have a pair of BBB ones and wore them in the rain t'other day, got back and feet were soaked - not sure if I had dud ones, or what but will try out one more to see if it was me fitting them crap...
  • doyler78
    doyler78 Posts: 1,951
    I bought a pair of Endura ones a couple of weeks ago and so far they have been great in the wet. Bit damp around the top but nothing has yet made it into the shoe.
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    I've just bought a pair of Pro NTU+ overshoes, after reading advice on another thread here.
    Not used in the rain, as yet, ut they certainly look like they'll last well. :wink:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • markos1963 wrote:
    Wiggle do their own brand (DHB) waterproof overshoes which I have found to be very good for the price 17.99

IMHO these are crap. I had a pair which disintergrated and they were sent back only for their replacements to repeat the trick. £2 more gets you the Endura ones which are infinately better.