maidstone downhill

lukerandall2k
lukerandall2k Posts: 20
edited October 2008 in MTB rides
A couple of months ago, whilst down at penshurst, one of the guys working there told me about a downhill track in the maidstone area, near bluebell hill, does anyone know where it is? or even if the place exists.. if not any downhill tracks/ freeride tracks in that sorta area would be great to know about, thanks in advance.
luke

Comments

• Freeride tracks are a no no, the nearest place you'll find them is Bedgebury

As for a DH course, that's a no too, but there are lots of down routes scatterd all the way along the downs route. I see to odd DH'er up there from time to time getting some practice in.
    Thinking about it, there is a mini route, but on a full blown DH bike at speed you'll be down it in 20 seconds. It consists of, as you might of guessed.. Some steep hills, a drop off into a berm and a huge jump/drop off. Oh and a few other bits scattered around...
  • Ah thanks mate, where do you mean when you say the "downs route" and how do you get there.. thanks again
    luke
  • RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    Ive also heard thats there is some made downhill runs along the downs north of wrotham. West of Bluebell hill but not actually in the bluebell hill, there are runs on bluebell hill but i wouldnt bother with them on a DH bike.
  • Bmjboy
    Bmjboy Posts: 680
    Could be on about the areas within Boxley woods which is near Bluebell Hill - I have seen a very steep track running down from underneath the pylon at the top of the hill, Ive not ventured down that track, but Im sure theres something there.

We ride Boxley woods regularly and it does have some nice singletrack downhill sections but as RussAlf said, its probably not "Gnarly" :twisted: enough for some proper DH.

Im not going there for another few weeks now, but when near it again, I'll have a look.

Overhead google images suggest that "Something" is there!! :lol:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?client=firefox-a&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=51.313588,0.529189&spn=0.004989,0.013947&t=h&z=17
    "I don't do double-entendres, but I do like to slip a big one in occasionally"

Giant Trance X2 / Garmin Edge 305 / Empty Wallet