Life Sucks.

The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
edited October 2008 in The Crudcatcher
well i got up nice and relaxed, 8am, ready for the day ahead...only to look in the mirror and realise i look like a tramp.
so figured i'm not goin out like this, and had the 3 S's. only to miss my bus. so i waited for the next one, ran the 15min walk in 5ish mins and got to uni about 10am.

only to find my lecturer had emailed me the wrong time and i was an hour late..

so i'm sitting around waiting for my next lecture which is at 1...well supposed to be at 1, but i found it to be cancelled.

its wound me up no end today.

plus i have no money, so i cant fix the brakes on my bike, can't afford to buy some 3/4 riding shorts to battle this shit weather and commute to uni(i'm a sweaty bas*ard and cant be doing with longies), my house rent is too expensive and we've got to pay our bill this month

i'm so so so depressed because i havent hit a decent trail in about 3-4 weeks now..i'm down in london, know no-one that does mtb'ing, have no idea where to go and no way of getting there anyways.(i'm not really confident enough as a mtb'er or just generally to go riding a trail on my own)
i 'm wanting to go home just so i can ride some trails but i cant afford the trains, can't easily get my bike home and so would have to ride the zaskar (which is something i'm not sure i want to do).

like i said above, i dont really know many people down here apart from my flat mates, but they do their own thing. i get on with a few people in my lectres but only ever see them in lectures, and i dont really get on with/share interests with many people down south...i swear northerners are much more friendly!

and to top it off, i think i have a mild form of OCD, some sort of diabetes (either that or i'm not eating enough calories), i dont sleep well and stress about everything

anyone got a noose? :lol:

sorry,
rant over :(

*edit* and i've just stewed my pot of yorkshire tea while writing this, not that it tastes any good down here anyway....i swear london's water is filtered using a baboons arse..

Comments

• cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    pah.

Oh to be a student again.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Big Red S
    Big Red S Posts: 26,890
    Whereabouts in London are you?
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    i've just stewed my pot of yorkshire tea while writing this, not that it tastes any good down here anyway....i swear london's water is filtered using a baboons ars*..
    Same here. I spent a week in Malham last year and the tea was fabulous. Came home, bought some and it tastes awful.
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    What bike do you have, you could hit up esher shore fairly easily. As for the friends issue, go to the freshers events, they're there for a reason.
  • i've got a 20" XC bike...i was gonna buy a max max to mess around on esher....but then it costs to use esher :(

n i'm not a fresher :lol: i'm in my final year :) i think its more to do with it being a tiny uni...prob about 1000/2000 students in each year (maybe not even that!! :(

i'm in the twickenham area.... tw2 - tw1

had a bit of a break tho...literally...i had a bean bag from tesco which has decided to rip at the seam...so im getting money back and some 3/4 shorts and some spd's :D yaaaayyyy!!!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Here's a little tip for free , if you need to take your bike on the train do what i do when in inglund , pop your wheels of then put them into bin bag,s and the same with the frame .take them on as luggage for free. As for the Zascar you jammey b****************************************************************************************************erd. don't ride it just frame it and stick it on your wall as it's a work of art. just gutted i didn't win it :evil:
  • good tip about the bags!

and :p the bike is on my wall :)

might hav to ride it in a few weekends tho...i dont think i can stop myself...it NEEDs to be ridden!