Help...need to take my bike from london up north..

The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
edited October 2008 in The Crudcatcher
ok, i really dont want to ride around london town center...i'll get lost/killed :(

basically i want to go home, take my bike and ride some local trails, i can get my bike to waterloo, and am able to get it on the train from euston to preston...but how the hell do i get from waterloo - euston with a bike?! london sucks ass!

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Black Cab? Took mine in a cab from Paddington to Finsbury Park with no problems apartfrom the driver moaning when it looked like the chainring hit the metal doorstep, except I was running a single ring at the time and had an old c/ring acting as a chainguard/bashring.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • hmm not a bad shout...its £££ tho :( not sure how much cabs cost as i dont reall use them :(
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Can't help on the price as it was many years ago but I know you'll be charged extra for the piece of luggage
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Can you go on the tube last time I was in London I saw a guy with a bike on the Northern line though it was well after the rush hour about 9 pm iirc
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • stubs
    Just rang a mate who lives in London he says take the circle line from Embankment station to Euston square you are okay to take bikes outside of the rush hour 9.30am till 4pm

to get to embankment station you go out of Waterloo down to the south embankment and cross river by embankment footbridge onto north embankment and turn right stations about 200 yards
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • stubs wrote:
    Just rang a mate who lives in London he says take the circle line from Embankment station to Euston square you are okay to take bikes outside of the rush hour 9.30am till 4pm

to get to embankment station you go out of Waterloo down to the south embankment and cross river by embankment footbridge onto north embankment and turn right stations about 200 yards

mate, your a genius :)

have a virtual pint on me http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/image/ ... f-beer.jpg
  • stubs
    2918599279_17880c87c7_o.jpg

Cheers I needed that :D
  • Matt-B
    Matt-B Posts: 112
    I know you really don't want to ride through London, but I would estimate that getting the circle line will take you probably at least twice as long (presuming it all goes smoothly) as just cycling there, or even walking would take about the same time!

Check this out -

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&saddr ... DU+(Euston)&hl=en&geocode=%3BCRZr_JFNR1DNFZRDEgMdV_f9_yGae9BIVYOn1Q&mra=pe&mrcr=0&dirflg=w&sll=51.515138,-0.126708&sspn=0.040167,0.076904&ie=UTF8&ll=51.514298,-0.12351&spn=0.040167,0.076904&z=14

It's 2.4 miles. Walk, get some smog in your lungs!