Autumn Epic- due to be a washout? Should I stay or...

2»

Comments

• ju5t1n
    ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    knight2k wrote:
    Man that was wet. By the time I'd got to the first food stop my gloves and feet were soaked and having had 2 punctures by this point I so cold I was shivering like a sh1tt1ng dog. Rather than bail entirely I took the short cut to save an hour of the pure hell I was enjoying. I've ridden around the Elan Valley before so wasn't too fussed at missing it - lovely as it is.

I'm glad I carried on otherwise I would have missed riding through the flooded road. I echo what other posters have mentioned about the missed photo opportunity. I got another puncture towards the end, however by then it wasn't as bad as the rain had cleared up and I swear the sun was trying to make an appearance.

Top grub at the end. Very well organised looking forward to having another crack next year.

Next stop - The Exmoor Beast.

Hey Darren,

You forgot to tell 'em that we camped out the night before the event. Now that's proper hardcore!
  • knight2k
    knight2k Posts: 119
    knight2k wrote:
    Man that was wet. By the time I'd got to the first food stop my gloves and feet were soaked and having had 2 punctures by this point I so cold I was shivering like a sh1tt1ng dog. Rather than bail entirely I took the short cut to save an hour of the pure hell I was enjoying. I've ridden around the Elan Valley before so wasn't too fussed at missing it - lovely as it is.

I'm glad I carried on otherwise I would have missed riding through the flooded road. I echo what other posters have mentioned about the missed photo opportunity. I got another puncture towards the end, however by then it wasn't as bad as the rain had cleared up and I swear the sun was trying to make an appearance.

Top grub at the end. Very well organised looking forward to having another crack next year.

Next stop - The Exmoor Beast.

Hey Darren,

You forgot to tell 'em that we camped out the night before the event. Now that's proper hardcore!

I forgot to mention we camped the previous 2 nights up the road in Clun whilst enjoying the Clun Valley Beer Festival. Bicycles and Booze - my two favourite things.