back ache

starsky007
starsky007 Posts: 185
edited October 2008 in Health, fitness & training
Hi every body, just a quick one, does anyone have any idea why whilst i was riding this afernoon i got real bad back ache and have still got it tonight. i didnt do any thing different than normal. i often do about 15miles every other day and ive not changed or done any thing to my bike.
nice new giant trance 3
also ht coyote
s-works epic 2008.

Comments

• Try putting your saddle a tiny bit lower. i found that helps when I get a bad lower back.
  • Dan67
    Dan67 Posts: 658
    sounds like you may be stretched out too much. Is this the first time its happened?. Keep your saddle height the same as you will be more efficient with you pedallying due to muscle groups used. But move the saddle slightly back ( so that the post is near the back of the saddle). It could also be that you muscles are not strengthened enoguh so they may be achey untill they are stronger. When riding also try to slightly change the position for a little while I find helps me
  • jason31
    jason31 Posts: 40
    grit your teeth and keep peddaling. haha
  • Thats just what i did do, git my teeth and got on with it, but today im aching and stiff has a board all across my lower back. unsure why, its not that ive not done it before. ive been mtbing over 2 years now. strange???.
    nice new giant trance 3
    also ht coyote
    s-works epic 2008.
  • Maybe something else triggered it (such as lifting something) and the mountain biking just brought it out.... or you wrenched a muscle with a sudden movement? Give it some time to rest and before you next hop on the bike stretch your lower back.
    Kona Kula
  • lukus
    lukus Posts: 23
    Maybe when ur back feels better you could do a exercise that strenghens the lower back muscle...I remember having the same problem..Try laying on the floor on your belly and put your hands facing down under your chin with the tips touching then lift your top half slowly hold it for a bit then down.....Hopefully it will help
  • Stop being a big manc baby!!! I'll laugh next time we ride... :D
    Do illegal single track, or if you cant, make one!!!

Scott scale 50 hardtail.
    Really want a full susser.