Tampering with others' bikes

downfader
downfader Posts: 3,686
edited October 2008 in Campaign
What is it with people around here? My mate at work has had his bike damaged in the closed cycleshed at work (so it must be another member of staff), and then today my mother says she's had problems with her brake on the way home

I went in the shed to have a look and realised someone has yanked or kicked on her brake snapping the cable and pulling the sheath through at a funny angle. Its no wonder she couldnt brake and it could have been nasty. :evil:

Turns out that the area, the only area at that, where she can park her bike is used by students also. It is a college, but the lil s*ds are trying to "reserve" a space by pinning locks on stands. Surely it is first-come, first-served in all public areas? It is also not uncommon to find 3 bikes on one stand, so I've told her to try and address this issue with whoever is in charge of bike facilities and let them know things are getting damaged. They need more stands.

I for one would never tamper with another's bike. I'd hate the thought of killing someone.

Comments

• BUICK
    BUICK Posts: 362
    After a long ride out my friend and myself locked our bikes up outside the public library (which has bike stands outside on the street) and went to the cafe next door. We were there about twenty minutes. When we came out and unlocked the bikes we found that his QR levers were undone and my brakes had been tampered with.

A friend of mine had a run in with some guys in a pub locally, who were being sleazy towards her and when knocked back started calling her a 'ducking fyke' or something similar... when she left shortly afterwards on her motorbike she found the bike wasn't handling properly and determined to pull over at the next safe opportunity but lost it at low speed on the next corner. 'Someone' had nipped outside and let enough air out of her tires that it was dangerous, but left enough in to disguise it to the casual glance

Sort of hurts doesn't it? RIght down in your soul.
    '07 Langster (dropped one tooth from standard gearing)
    '07 Tricross Sport with rack and guards
    STUNNING custom 953 Bob Jackson *sigh*