Has UK-mtb bit the dust?

streako
streako Posts: 2,937
edited October 2008 in The Crudcatcher
It seems to have been taken off the web waves, amidst a flurry of in-fighting and-self destruction.

Any of the old regulars know any more?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    copy and paste the link on the first page.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • www.ukmb.net

Try there instead.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • daveb
    daveb Posts: 4,137
    This is the new one, till everyone gets pissed off and they start another one.

http://www.mtbuk.freeforums.org/index.php
    Daveb
  • daveb
    daveb Posts: 4,137
    Has to be said, wasnt much happening on the other before it was closed either.
    Daveb
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    The egostist who ran it had a bit of a poodie as far as i can tell! No doubt he'll shut the new one down when he flounces. There's only about 5 regular posters on there anyway, it would be easier if they emailed each other. :lol:
  • You seem to have summed that up quite nicely. :D
    Northwind wrote: It's like I covered it in superglue and rode it through ebay.
  • streako
    streako Posts: 2,937
    Its all getting a bit tedious. Even this thread was originally posted in "General" section and has been relocated to "Off topic". I'm beginning to think that some people take these forums far too seriously.

Yes, the new forum has started up, but how long until we get the same old problems again?

Why not have a "Red card" or warning system to those who deliberately put peoples backs up. Three warnings and you are out.

Lets simply get rid of trouble makers and get back to a mountain biking themed forum.
  • Anonymous
    if you want a mtb themed forum, surely this is the place to come.

i have had a look at the other splinter forums and found them to be very cliquey and more like social sites than bike forums, offerring plenty of chit chat but very little in the way of fresh mtb related info

i dont see what changing the forums location is going to do, it is all very childish and the new site is just a big love in, no bad thing i suppose but the general elitism and over inflated egos are the reason why i wasnt busy on the old site and wont be joining the new one (i bet everyone is gutted)

i also find it a bit unsavoury to read comments on other sites about bikeradar, especially by folk who are involved in this site.
  • jummer
    jummer Posts: 83
    i must admit i always looked at both this site and uk-mtb but dont post much but i wont be joining the new forum as i think it has all been a bit childish
    so i will just stick to this one now
    jer
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    I never bothered joining UK-MTB though I did pop in regulary to see if there was anything interesting it always seemed very cliquey to me and there was a lot of snootiness to anyone who was new and didnt have at least 5 thousand posts

The guy who owned the forum seems to have a very thin skin and shut the site down just because a couple of people disagreed with his heavy handed moderating

Anyone who gets upset by something said on a forum really needs to go for a ride and get a life
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    I think that those who weren't on the forum know f*** all about what has happened, as most of it happened via PM's

I know I received some myself.

As for snootiness, I think you're confusing it with STW... Loads of users who have said that it was the friendliest forum in the net.

As you do not know what was said how can you judge anybodies actions?
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Ahh diddums did your ickle forum buddies say naughties in a nasty pm

Go for a ride and get a life :roll:
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • Anonymous
    now now, lets play nice.
  • if you want a mtb themed forum, surely this is the place to come.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.
  • Anonymous
    where would you suggest then?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Maybe ukmb where you may get on average 3 posts a week actually about bikes.
  • Anonymous
    supersonic wrote:

my point exactly
  • supersonic wrote:
    At least it hasn't gone down the shitter.
  • Anonymous
    supersonic wrote:

see, thats why this is a good forum, full of fascinating bike facts and info but not owned by a mard arse, likely to take his football home when someone takes the mickey out of his girlfriend, only to start a new game with the exact same folk but on another field. all an excercise in proving who his mates are, its the equivalent of the spoilt child at school asking his peers to raise their hand if they like him.

also this forum for the most part is not inhabited by children desperately seeking the approval of the older forum "members" all of whom are concerned with being the coolest.
  • also this forum for the most part is not inhabited by children desperately seeking the approval of the older forum "members" all of whom are concerned with being the coolest.

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12588844
  • Anonymous
    he's not desperately seeking approval or shining anyones diamonds, try again winner
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    supersonic wrote:

Yet.
  • Big Red S
    Big Red S Posts: 26,890
    It keeps diving down then slowly crawling back up again.
  • Andy
    Why arent you on there?!
  • Big Red S
    In the last round of mark-going-mental altercations, I got bored of it and started posting here instead. I still go there, but there's not a lot I particularly want to reply to...
  • Andy
    Yeah I can understand to be honest!
  • Andy
    You up for Team fartabout returning for SITS next year?

You can actually ride this time ;)
  • Big Red S
    Hell yeah!

Which reminds me, need to chase up my enquiries into cheap gazebos...