What Is Your Faviourite Brand Of Forks

robotsuk
robotsuk Posts: 56
edited October 2008 in The Crudcatcher
Hey,
I Am Just Wanting To Know What Your Faviourite Brand Of Forks Are
Please Vote On The Poll And Post A Description Telling Us Why You Like The Certain Brand Of Forks And What Forks You Are Currently Equipped With

Thanks

Kris

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Out of interest, why?
  • Only ever used Rockshox, a Tora 302 and a SID Race. GF has Fox forks on her Specialized Era FSR. And whilst Fox seem to be a great fork am wondering if for the money they are that much greater than the Rockshox to make it worthwhile, especially as Rockshox have been run by SRAM for a bit.
    2008 Rockhopper Disc (Silver)
    2009 RockShox SID Race forks.
    XT Drivetrain
    Continental Speed Kings (PR) Traction
    Garmin 705 Navigation
    Fat bloke on a bike engine
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    it depends on what you are using the bike for.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    I like the RS range upto the pikes, but I have concerns for the long travel single crown forks, due to previous reliability issues.

So for long travel single crown, fox 36 or something pretty from marzocchi.
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    Rock Shox my favourite, because there are a lot of forks to choose from, plus they are cheeper than the rest, but also you get same quality, more or less.
    Curently have Dart 2 :oops: , but I would realy like to see some coil Lyrik's under £350 in the future, and solo air Domain. :D
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    Like Fox forks a lot - Floats are plush, light and pretty heavy duty. Plus of course they look cool 8)
  • FSR_XC
    FSR_XC Posts: 2,258
    8) I like Spear & Jackson, as they a good value - their spades are pretty good too. 8)

Now seriously:
    Why?
    Does it matter?
    Surely it depends on the model and what you are using the bike for?
    Stumpjumper FSR 09/10 Pro Carbon, Genesis Vapour CX20 ('17)Carbon, Rose Xeon CW3000 '14, Raleigh R50

http://www.visiontrack.com
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    Mark - it's like one of those "what's your favourite colour" questions.
    But I felt compelled to answer.

Prefer Draper myself... :wink:
  • gthang
    gthang Posts: 293
    2nd vote for Spear and Jackson from me

fork.jpg
  • P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    I like 36's on my 6" and 888's on my DH.

If I hear another person claim that the quality isn't as great on my '08 888's as it was on my old '07 888's I'll go around their house and punch their mum in the Cervix, lies, lies and more damn lies.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    My Noleen xc carbon , only 80mm of travel 10 years old and still lighter/smoother than your modern all singing / dancing fandangoes. Shame they are'nt purple as RETRO rocks. :lol:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    SDK2007 wrote:
    Specialized Forks

:)

same here.
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    I like the Dragon Culery from Ikea....

The forks have a good spade shape to them, so you can get a great big helping of pasta on there. Also, the points are not pin sharp, so for furious eating, it is easier not to stab yourself in the mouth.

:lol:
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • gthang
    gthang Posts: 293
    All 8 fork brands and all models within each brand (designed for different types of riding :? )must have been tested by everyone responding to make the results meaningful. I very much doubt everyone has tired bikes with all the above suspension forks. I haven’t but my favourite is Rock shox

You might as well have asked, what forks do you own?
  • hucking_fell
    hucking_fell Posts: 1,056
    edited October 2008
    gthang wrote:
    You might as well have asked, what forks do you own?
    I was thinking of replying with something similar.

I like my Marzocchi 66 rc, Marzocchi Dropoffs, Marzocchi Dirt Jumper 3 and my Fox Talas 36.

Soon I hope to be liking my rigid Superstar carbon forks on my single speeded hardtail.

Specialized, Pace, BOSS, Society, Stratos, Showa? There must be others.

I'd like to be able to reply Foes-Curnutt XTD F1 !
    More freerange chicken than Freeride God
    Bighit , 5 , BFe
  • clarkson
    clarkson Posts: 1,641
    not sure really. love my 36's on the spesh, but was also really impressed with my rebas in the lake district recently. the dual air system lets you tune really plush and smooth, plus they;re not too heavy. i like them both equally. each has its plus and its minus.
    I said hit the brakes not the tree!!

2006 Specialized Enduro Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3192886/

2008 Custom Merlin Malt 4
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2962222/

2008 GT Avalanche Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3453980/
  • ok ok, i like rock shox too, oh and alot of you are asking why, i am not building a bike up currently, but was just casting a poll, just wandering why you like the certain brand and why

I like rockshox because their are quite tough, and have nice adjustments, on my xc bike

in other hands, on my santa cruz DH bike, i have fox 40's, Why? because they are light, but expensive, also i like the way they can follow the contour of SOLID surface's

Thanks

Kris
  • GT Destroyer
    GT Destroyer Posts: 1,719
    RS for me - I have Pike air u-turn and they are magnificent.