Bike Shop - Wirral / Chester

Slipknotjonny
Slipknotjonny Posts: 197
edited October 2008 in Road beginners
help please - I am up in Birkenhead for a few days and desparately need a 'proper' bike shop. I need a new Dura Ace / kmc chain + front mech, disaster has struck !

Thanks in advance
weight.png

Comments

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    There's the bike factory in Chester, I'm sure they'd have what you are after.

Can't help you with Birkenhead though.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • sicrow
    sicrow Posts: 791
    agree with red - its 20 minutes away on the M53
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    sicrow wrote:
    agree with red - its 20 minutes away on the M53

I'm not sure I'd use the M53, we've always used the A41 between Birkenhead and Chester
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • sicrow
    sicrow Posts: 791
    OK red point taken, but got done on the A41 by a speed camera near the little chef (junct 5 I think) 2 months ago Baaaaastards

anyway - slipknot what happened to the girl on the pink Pinarello ?
  • help please - I am up in Birkenhead for a few days and desparately need a 'proper' bike shop. I need a new Dura Ace / kmc chain + front mech, disaster has struck !

Thanks in advance

Don't forget Grahame Weigh in Deeside (Deeside Cycles) :D

It's a personal thing :wink:
    'How can an opinion be bullsh1t?' High Fidelity
  • Sicrow,

I have n't seen her since, i reckon she disguises herself as a dreadlocked courier and sneaks by on one of those horrible fixie things.

Either that or Old Welshman knows more than he's letting on, after all he got an email addy for her whilst scheping around Italy or somewhere, maybe she's in his shed!
    weight.png
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    +1 on graham weigh cycles - Best "Real" bike shop for miles
    cartoon.jpg
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Wheelbase in new ferry.
    K cycles in eastham on the a41.
    Snow and rock as well on the a41.
    All nearer than chester- phone tho to check they have your bits - mind you that would be the same with the others too !
  • The Edge Cycleworks in Chester?
    One day, I'm going to buy a cottage in a small village and become its idiot!
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    i thought Deeside had gone bust?

why are you spending time in the hellhole slipknot?
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • I'm in the 'hell hole' visiting my mum I was brought up in Prenton, but havent lived here for 25 years now.

Hope to get out for a ride tomorrow, what woul you suggest for a nice easy 50 mileish loop, nothing too nasty as I've got a right stinkin cold!
    weight.png
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    i live 5 mins from prenton park

how about premton-storeton-station rd-thornton hough-parkgate-neston-burton-puddington-burton-willaston-hooton-little sutton (a41) to mollington-and then back via a540 stopping at the eureka-then back thru puddington etc

thats a fairly easy 50-hope the weather improves!
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • ean
    ean Posts: 98
    It'll be a little breezy tomorrow but you could try Storeton, Clatterbridge, Raby Mere, Willaston, Parkgate Rd, Puddington, Burton ( go down to the old quay) Neston, Parkgate, Gayton, Lower Heswall, Thurstaston, (watch out for the crosswind at the bottom of the hill), Caldy, West Kirby, Hoylake, Meols, Moreton, Leasowe Rd, New Brighton prom, Seacombe prom & return via the docks.

Iain
    The trees lie about the wind...
    www.wirralseafishing.co.uk
  • Thanks for all the advice, I'll head out tomorrow for a ride taking in some or all of the route lnfo, depending on the strength of the wind !.........I'm very grateful for the help.
    weight.png
  • juankerr
    juankerr Posts: 1,099
    The Edge and Bike Factory are now on the same road about 5 mins walk from each other so worth a go. They aint great for spares/parts to be honest but u might get lucky. There's also the Speshalized shop next to bike factroy but "we don't do spares" so I wouldn't bother.

Bike Factory had a pink Pinarello in the window. Maybe she's in there???
  • i thought Deeside had gone bust?

quote]

No, they did suffer a few problem 18 months ago, but they seem to be doing ok now. Oh, and there is Eureka cycles in Garden City, as well :wink:
    'How can an opinion be bullsh1t?' High Fidelity
  • Max_Man
    Max_Man Posts: 185
    No, they did suffer a few problem 18 months ago, but they seem to be doing ok now. Oh, and there is Eureka cycles in Garden City, as well :wink:

What are they like, literally just round the corner from me, popped in once when they first opened but not been back since. They had a lovely Orbea Orca in there!.
  • I think the staff in The Edge are a nice bunch of guys. They're really helpful and can probably help you out. But as spares go... I'm not sure.

Eureka (http://www.eurekacyclesports.co.uk/): have been in and also drooled over the Orbea frames in there too. They carry a bit of stock, seems OK. The OP is probably better off in Chester though.