Where to mount computer

polemann
polemann Posts: 49
edited October 2008 in Road beginners
Where do people think the best place to mount a cycle computer is. I have seen various options..

1. the stem
2. The handlebars left or right
3. on a handle bar mount.

I'm the kind of person who looks regularly at the computer to see whats going on. I

Comments

• I personally like having my computer on the stem, it looks neater and more professional that way I feel. Also keeps it out the way a bit more.
    jedster wrote:
    Just off to contemplate my own mortality and inevitable descent into decrepedness.
    FCN 3 or 4 on road depending on clothing
    FCN 8 off road because I'm too old to go racing around.
  • on the road
    on the road Posts: 5,631
    I have mine on the stem, although I used to have it on the handle bar. It doesn't really matter where you put it.
  • stem
  • jr39
    jr39 Posts: 4
    if youre going to be using tri bars, then stem, otherwise it doesnt really matter
  • pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    so, how do you fit a cat-eye computer to the stem? They seem only to come with handlebar mounting brackets.

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    pneumatic wrote:
    so, how do you fit a cat-eye computer to the stem? They seem only to come with handlebar mounting brackets.

Cateyes come with stem/handlebar mounts as standard - you just rotate the mount.

dsc00852ng6.jpg
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    Sadly, both of mine (cordless 2 and astrale 8 ) are older than the one shown and don't have the two part bracket, just a single moulded handlebar-only option. I think I could buy their extra bracket for stem mounting, but I probably won't.

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• STEM
  • Stem.
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Just moved mine to the stem so I can put lights on the bars and still have the camera on there too.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Max_Man
    Max_Man Posts: 185
    Stem
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    If it doesn't go on the stem, it just feels wrong.........things need to be as symmetrical as possible.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr