Shoe/Trainer Question from an Idiot

Adamsbodie
Adamsbodie Posts: 76
edited October 2008 in MTB beginners
Hello Peeps looking for some advise looking for some shoes that I can use on the old bike.
Problem is pedals have them little metal stud thingys & there ripping all my trainers soles to bits.
So presume im looking for trainers with reinforced soles that I can also use for walking about in?
So where do I get them, how much am I looking at and what brands do you recommend?

Cheers in adavnce :D
Paul

Comments

• ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    5.10's when you wear the soles out just get them resoled with the same stuff. Insanely grippy, but with pinned pedals you're always going to chew your footwear a bit.
  • hucking_fell
    hucking_fell Posts: 1,056
    edited October 2008
    Any cheap skate shoes from T K Maxx or similar will be fine.

DG, Etnies, Globe, Quiksilver, Vans can be got there for much cheapness :D (about £20)

Only spend a lot on 5-10s if you intend downhilling in them.
    More freerange chicken than Freeride God
    Bighit , 5 , BFe
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    I got a cracking pair of quicksilver trainers from TK Maxx for about £15...The have quite a thick sturdy sole, so havn't quite been ripped to bits (although the uppers are in a bit of a state now!!)
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    I can beat all of them! £8.50 Kappas from TK Maxx yeah. :lol:

Got a brilliant sole for sticking to pedals, kind of tiny cylinders in rows which the pins go between, and so cheap I don't care that they started off bling white and are now grot brown.
  • shin0r
    shin0r Posts: 555
    5.10s are generally recommended by anyone who has a pair, but they aren't cheap at ~£65. Plus they look a bit "special" to be wearing when off the bike. El-cheapo vans / airwalks or something from a sports store are a good bet.