Mapping Routing Sites

Milkie
Milkie Posts: 377
edited September 2008 in MTB general
I once found a site where you could map your route, but also it had a box in the top right, which showed the OS map, while viewing the bigger google map image.

I cannot for the life of me remember the site, does anyone else know?

I've been using BikeRouteToaster for a while, and it works really well with my Garmin, and it also can give turn by turn instructions which is a bonus.

http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Default.aspx

Comments

• Milkie wrote:
    I once found a site where you could map your route, but also it had a box in the top right, which showed the OS map, while viewing the bigger google map image.

Sounds like www.bikehike.co.uk to me

:)
  • Milkie
    Milkie Posts: 377
    Sounds like www.bikehike.co.uk to me

Yup thats it.. I googled all sorts!

Now all I gotta do is make a route on BikeHike, transfer it over the BRT so I can put in the turn directions. That wayI don't have to check the map to see if its the left or right track/bridleway I have to take! :D
  • Milkie wrote:
    Now all I gotta do is make a route on BikeHike, transfer it over the BRT so I can put in the turn directions. That wayI don't have to check the map to see if its the left or right track/bridleway I have to take! :D

Haway - it's no fun unless you get lost, cold fingers, with the raining lashing down, fall off trying to read your map, crack your head, and lay pouring with blood until somebody finds you!