Half Inched!!

Pastiesboy
Pastiesboy Posts: 6
edited October 2008 in Road beginners
Just wanted to have a rant!!! I had my lovely Specialized Allez Elite pinched out of my parents garage last night. I'm so gutted! It was my first road bike. I've only had about a year and was really seeing an improvment in my riding but mainly just having a lovely time using it.

The thought that some pr*ck has sold it for £40 down the local pub makes me want to mame :x :x :x . I don't think I'm going get any insurance back either as it was my bike, stolen from my parents garage, and as I do not live at the house it apparently voids the claim. I am however looking into this.

So there you go, if any of you guys get offered an 54", '07 Elite for £40 any time soon, snap it up and I'll give you £50!!!

Thanks
Pigsick of Skewen.

Comments

• Gutted for you, I know how you feel, as I had my garage broken into at new year and had my Giant Trance full suss MTB nicked. It was the only thing taken, the other 2 bikes weren't touched and they weren't even locked, whereas the Giant had a Sold Secure Gold D-lock on it. Obviously they knew what they were after. However, mine was insured. I can't imagine how gutted I'd be if it wasn't insured. I hope the insurance works out for you.
    Boardman Road Comp '08
    Spesh FSR XC Expert '08
  • st68
    st68 Posts: 219
    fu**in low life scum need there testicles removed with a rusty hack saw blade :evil:
    cheesy quaver
  • Just had another thought - if you have an eBay account, set up a favourite search for your bike - you will receive an e-mail every time an allez elite is listed. I realise it's a popular model, so you'll get a few a week, but worth keeping an eye out to see if you can spot the scumbag selling your bike. You can set it up to notify you for 1, 3, or 6 months. I did this to look for mine. Never found anything conclusive, but you might have more luck.
    Boardman Road Comp '08
    Spesh FSR XC Expert '08
  • Just thought I'd let you all know (coz I know your all interested) I recieved a call yesterday morning from the Fuzz....they had my bike!!!! Not a mark on it!!! Even caught the little tw*t that stole it.

How often does that happen??? Me and good fortune rearly hang out together but on this occasion I'm very happy to be his mate!!

Happy as a Pig in Shit of Skewen! :lol::lol::lol:
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    Good news for once :D

Unfortunately the little sh!t that nicked it will probably get a rap on the knuckles and be grounded by his mom for a week. :evil:

At least you've got it back though.
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • on the road
    on the road Posts: 5,631
    Pastiesboy wrote:
    Just thought I'd let you all know (coz I know your all interested) I recieved a call yesterday morning from the Fuzz....they had my bike!!!! Not a mark on it!!! Even caught the little tw*t that stole it.

How often does that happen??? Me and good fortune rearly hang out together but on this occasion I'm very happy to be his mate!!

Happy as a Pig in shoot of Skewen! :lol::lol::lol:
    Good news, you need to pinch yorself.
  • [Life Of Brian] You lucky,lucky B@st@rd! [/Life Of Brian]

That's great news, what a result! Did they give you the little scrote's address so you can go round and "sort 'im aaht!"
    Boardman Road Comp '08
    Spesh FSR XC Expert '08
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    also, don't leave it in the garage again, or he'll just be back.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Good news eh! Little f*cker should be handed over to you for a summary beating.
  • How do people go about locking their bikes up?

I've noticed a lot bike specific insurances want you to have it locked to an immovable object and have certain locks on the doors etc.
  • trickeyja
    trickeyja Posts: 202
    You are soo lucky!! I'm really glad you managed to get it back. After I got my old mountain bike stolen from the shed a few years ago I've always kept the main bike (now an Elite like yours) indoors... I never got the old one back but it was locked up so the insurance replaced it, and amazingly it was delivered only two days after it being taken!
  • Horton
    Horton Posts: 327
    When my girlfriend's bike was nicked from outside our house - 2 d-locks and a chain - the police did catch the little unt although the bike was trashed (and not really worth trying to repair as the insurance thankfully paid up as soon as they had a crime ref no.) Anyway, about 2 weeks later, we got a letter from the police asking if we wouldn't mind meeting said little unt so we could explain the hurt and misery he put us through... I replied telling them it was not a patch on the hurt and misery I would put him and his extended family through if I ever laid eyes on the little scrotum.

As to how the bikes are locked now - one of those floor mounted hardened steel shackles with a blody great big chain through it. Used hex-bolts to fix it to the floor and then hammered ball bearings into where you would need to put the allen key so it cannot be removed. I've noticed plenty of bolt cropper marks on the chain but as yet they've had no success. (I also put a thick cable though the forks and frame to stop the little tw@ts nicking the forks with nothing other than a 5mm allen key and cable cutters)
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    Great news Mate, does not happen that often.I was once working in Amsterdam and had my bike nicked from the hotel. The police did not give me much hope and i never expected to see it again. On the day we checked out i had a message, i was told to ring the police. On calling i was informed that they had found the bike after a raid on a houseboat. Apart from a few scratches and a flat front tyre it was in perfect condition. It was no cheap bike either. Kirk precision frame,mavic wheels and gears, cinelli bars and stem. A good reason to celebrate(and we all did). :lol::lol::lol:
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • Thanks for the kind words guys, I was soo chuffed to get it back I tell thee. Apparently he'd hid my bike and carried on his thieving trail stealing a further 3 bikes but his luck ran out and he was apprehended, given a royal good hiding from the guy that found him, and arrested before he had a chance to go back to get mine.
    Luckily someone with a good heart found it and handed it in.
    The police officer's words when describing the offender to me, with an eloquent Welsh accent I hasen to add, was "He's a right little twat!!!"
    Id've happilly had 5 mins in the cell with him and opened a can of my finest whoop-arse on the said little twat!!!

All ends that ends well though eh!
    Take from me gentlemen, it is not a pleasant feeling getting your stead lifted so make sure your on it with the ol' security.

Currently writing this post from Singapore so I'm off for another Sling!!!

CHEERS!!!!!
  • doog442
    doog442 Posts: 370
    nice result

whens matey boy who gave him a good hiding getting lifted

thats what happens isnt it :evil:

ps the guy who found it deserves a beer when you get back :wink:
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Pastiesboy wrote:
    Just thought I'd let you all know (coz I know your all interested) I recieved a call yesterday morning from the Fuzz....they had my bike!!!! Not a mark on it!!! Even caught the little tw*t that stole it.

Happy as a Pig in shoot of Skewen! :lol::lol::lol:

Same thing happened to me after mine was taken from outside a bike shop. Police had the bike a fortnight later and knew the bar steward druggie who stole it to pay for a fix. Of course. So it does happen. Glad you got yours back. All well that ends well eh?