More Muscle..

The Sam.Star
The Sam.Star Posts: 63
I would like some Muscle in my Arms and Maybe even Pecks...

I'm a 6ft XC Wippet...

Where can i start??
Handsome Dog Rockhound Custom Build.
(Got Bored Of DMR)
Roll On 24's People

Comments

• Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    Get to a gym, lift weights, eat properly.

Build the weights up, watch the muscle grow.

Bench pressing targets your chest very well but press ups also work - regular ones are not intense enough so use variations - golden "rule" is - if you can do more than 15, go heavier, if you can't do 6 go lighter (for muscle building).

Loads of exercises for your arms but balance biceps exercises with tricep ones.

Done so much upper body stuff all my life that I can now do all sorts of wierd gymnastic type stunts and push out about 120++ push ups fairly easily. It's handy for MTBing, surfing and random party tricks.
    topo Posts: 3,104
    Push ups maintain a good level of fitness but will not help you put on muscle. Get yourself down the gym, chest is usually the hardest muscle to get growing. Bench press is very good though and i recently made myself a training schedule for my chest and its working really well so far. Bench press but with 2 dumbbells instead of barbell is harder and is also a variation so are flies.

For biceps i also have a good routine
    Barbell
    15reps average weight (wide grip)
    12reps heaverier weight (close grip)
    10reps heaviest weight (wide grip)
    Until Fail lighter weight (close grip)

Although you are doing 15 and 12 reps these should be almost to fail as well. Th general rule is 8-12 for muscle growth. Although there are routines which are 5x5 which are supposed to be very good for muscle growth.

Concentrate dumbell
    3 sets to fail

Chin ups wide and close

Dont forget to exercisers your triceps and shoulders as well
    Also if your doing your chest you will get no where unless you do your back as well.
    And again Unless you build muscle on your legs then you will look silly and out of proportion :D

Remember!! Rest is as important as doing these exercises. Try to spit them up so you don't over do a muscle group and try not to train the same muscle groups more than one day in a row. Also a rest day or two in the week is helpful

But unless you get a good diet then all of this effort will be for nothing.
  • owen_MTB
    owen_MTB Posts: 222
    What i do is...
    Monday- Chest and triceps (on these exercises, both sets of muscles are used because as you push your triceps are work aswell as ya chest and when you pull it works your back and your biceps)
    Wednesday-back and biceps
    Thursday-chest and trceps and stomach
    Friday-back and biceps again

My chest and tricep routine consists of Bench press, flys, inclined dumbell press, inverted bench press, pec dec and the tricep machine as i call it.
    On my back and biceps i do, pull ups, lat pull down, seated row, bent arm pull over, dead lifts, bicep curls and another variaton of the seated row.
    This way my mucsles dont get over worked, as too much training isnt beneficial and you'll just be knackered. Just do it all in proportion so you dont look silly when you get results.
    It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness