continental supersonic stans tubeless

cborrman
cborrman Posts: 125
edited September 2008 in MTB workshop & tech
I have run some various specialized 2bliss tires for 6 months tubeless (stans and no-flats) , and even managed to inflate a set of panaracer fire XC pros with a handpump, so thought I had the whole tubeless thing down to a fine art until i tried a pair of Speedking supersonics 2.1... which many forums say can be used, but are a bit "difficult to seat"

three nights, untold air canisters, eventually i got out the compressor I bought for this purpose but never needed to use yet and nothing.

Finally got one to inflate by taking the valve out and then whipping the valve in as quickly as possible until the 6 month old strip decided valve and strip should part ways...

has anyone managed to inflate these tyres?

I have specialized / alex rims (about 18/19mm) that come as standard as rockhopper. The problem seems to be getting them to stick press to the side of the rim to actually let the air into the tyre carcass rather than squirting round the beads.

anyone who has some supersonics working tubeless can elaborate on "difficult to seat".

are the 2.3s any easier? I noticed the latest mountain bike UK has the 2.3s as great winter tires, have you run these with stans or noflats? (these are the skinniest 2.1s I have ever seen, more like 1.8" houffalizes)
s-works stumpy FSR, sl2 tarmac, siglespeed rockhopper and a bog standard allez